The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra or No Supra ?

davis6110

My NA drinks just as much fuel as my TT did so it will be quick a difference to the 1.4 engine you currently have.

Like Abz said I frequent the petrol station so often I leave a ghostly outline image of my car at the pump if you look closely enough. I use mine everyday and it is a good drive even if it is a NA but heed the others warning about rear wheel drive and take it steady at first as mine bit me quite hard when the backend shot out which was nearly saved but still the wheel took an annoying scrape but in the main it could of been a lot worse. Even the other day I was following traffic when the steering went into that lovely light feeling you get before the tail end snakes about. For the most part they are quite sturdy and safe drives but in the wet I wouldn't be so confident so be on your toes as anyone can drive fast and be a tit but you will regret it when you stack it in the first few weeks just because you thought you were the dogs gonads.

Link to the red one:

http://www.sh-car-sales.co.uk/used-cars/toyota-supra-bedford-201210454446388

however if you can find the extra I would be tempted with the silver one,

http://www.sh-car-sales.co.uk/used-cars/toyota-supra-bedford-201206448124954

its newer, less miles and looks very tidy inside and out from the pictures. IMO a better buy.

Whats your budget? its always worth paying a bit more for a decent example, whats the max you would pay for a supra?

Christ you don't want a automatic NA unless you get a aerotop as compensation. I got my 5speed NA for 2700 6months tax and mot 48k miles...... Miles bit makes me wonder but after getting it in the air and checked over it seems pretty sound to be honest. It is sooo easy to buy a pos so try and be patient if possible as sods law dictates a better deal will arise as soon as you buy one if you rush.

That is good news then for money wise, Just read up as much as you can about modifying an NA as from first hand experience it can be very expensive for little gain so think about future parts and goals with your car as the supra gives you a bug where you always want more but the disappointment of cost and gain gets to you at times. I have sunk a fair few ££££ into my car such as service bits,Mines ecu, Filters, Decats, Manifold ect and of course a massive amount on fuel but even now I could still do with a new cat back to quell the noise a touch and hopefully the rasp, The point being is that when you add that up against the car purchase cost ect I could be getting close to TT range for the money I have spent on my NA,Fuel and mods. On the plus side of things I have some invaluable experience in RWD with less power than a TT although enough for some fun/Near death experience and I have and do love my NA. Just work out if a NA will be enough for you further down the line as I was hoping it would be but in my heart I was wrong.

A 6speed manual will give you far more scope for future power gains but read up on here as there are some great and very helpful and knowledgeable folks here so read and learn as much as possible as everything that can be said has been nearly covered and over people's experience and views are a valuable asset before you part with your cash.

Edit: Don't swear as Branners and the mods will bum you for it.

£3500 should by you a nice manual NA mate, dont rush and buy the 1st one you see be patient. There are some nice ones in the club sale section on here. Pistonheads used to be a decent place to look until it was flooded with Paul Browns duplicate adds, so if you can be bothered to filter through the rubbish you might find a something :).

Yeah well i decided i aint gonna get myself worked up over it im jus gonna keep looking and saving, after all i gotta sell my citroen first, i hate it cause im like that if i see summet i jus want it now lol, but i know you cant be like that with this, it dont help that my mate up the road has just bought a show winning TT :-(

i hate it cause im like that if i see summet i jus want it now lol, but i know you cant be like that with this, it dont help that my mate up the road has just bought a show winning TT :-(

I get like that but got lucky with my NA although it needs a tidy up in certain areas and was not a bad impulse buy. In some respects I wonder if you should get a supra if a close mate has a TT as that would dog me off if I was you

with a few tweeks it could be tidy, but you can see the sort of examples you can get for around the 3k mark, manual with some decent toys and better mileage :)

Just remember to get a black one, they are the fastest ;)

Funny you should say that lol, black is by far my favourite colour and i do banger racing as my hobby and race for ' Team Black ' and ofc we are by far the fastest lol

Funny you should say that lol, black is by far my favourite colour and i do banger racing as my hobby and race for ' Team Black ' and ofc we are by far the fastest lol

Look on the brightside then that if being a rookie rwd driver and you prang the car you could have a smashing banger racing car :D

Haha yeah, i cant say i have never raced a rwd or even have never raced a supra cause i have, i know it may upset alot of members but it was the v old supra and there was no way it would have ever gone back on the road, i paid £300 for it, the floor was rusted out of it, the arches had holes, it was really a shed so i raced it and it was fast :-) sorry if this upsets some members but atleast it went out with a bang instead of just getting scrapped