The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interior Retrim - Door cards

listy

I've built carpeted boxes for installs countless times, a mistake in acoustic material is easily disguised....a mistake in this vinyl gear isnt so easily hidden. I'm not putting a damper on your project mate....I'm just going off 20 odd years experience....best of luck I say mate...:)

I've built carpeted boxes for installs countless times, a mistake in acoustic material is easily disguised....a mistake in this vinyl gear isnt so easily hidden. I'm not putting a damper on your project mate....I'm just going off 20 odd years experience....best of luck I say mate...:)

Thats cool mate, got to give these things a go. I cant afford to have it proffessionally done, so may as well have a bash. Plus if it works out, then others can do the same, and save themselves bucket loads of cash :)

Im doing it for the masses, taking one for the team etc etc ;)

Thats cool mate, got to give these things a go. I cant afford to have it proffessionally done, so may as well have a bash. Plus if it works out, then others can do the same, and save themselves bucket loads of cash :)

Im doing it for the masses, taking one for the team etc etc ;)

If it works out....I'm doing mine in silver carbon effect!!!

Drivers side door finished!!!!!!! :nana:

Just one thing that im not 100% happy with...... Had to cut and join at 2 corners, which isnt the neatest job, but hey, its my first attempt, and other than that, it looks really good imo.

Leaving it here for tonight, as just one door has taken me about 2 and a half hours!!!!

Pics

door4.jpg

door5.jpg

door6.jpg

door7.jpg

The whole door is done in one piece too, which im happy about :) Just need to put it back on the door and see how it looks. Hopefully once its on the car, i wont notice the two joins so much, otherwise it WILL bug the hell out of me.

Just so people know, all I used for this, was spray adhesive, red leatherette, stanley knife, scissors, staple gun, and the wifes hair dryer :D (used to heat the material and make it a bit stretchier to go round corners, and into the steps at the bottom of the door, and any parts where it was concave)

I'm hoping so. When I did the concave parts, I let the glue set a bit and go tacky, then pressed the material into it. After that, I heated it with the hairdryer to soften the material, and pressed it in again. Hopefully it will hold this way. If not, the hairdryer will just go back on it, soften the glue, and re stick it ;)

it will always pop off of the concave bits maybe not straight away though,even with 3m "90" spray adhesive....

I'm hoping so. When I did the concave parts, I let the glue set a bit and go tacky, then pressed the material into it. After that, I heated it with the hairdryer to soften the material, and pressed it in again. Hopefully it will hold this way. If not, the hairdryer will just go back on it, soften the glue, and re stick it ;)

Cheers steveo.

Doing the passenger side tonight. Hopefully wont take as long this time as I now kind of know what im doing. Hopefully i'll do a better job on the next one too.

The lower rear panels will be done some time by the end of the week hopefully :)

Both doors now finished :D

Im going to leave the rear panels until after japfest, as the car is going to paint tomorrow, and with work, i just dont have the time to take the boot install out, rear seats out, and then the panels.

Pics to come tomorrow when its light.