The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone know a cheap garage?

ashbuster

atleast i would get a real answer?

not like the garage who i can garantee when i go to pick the car up they would say they had problems and want 250 quid

i would rather someone who knows what there doing with them do it

and i will replace with stainless steal nuts n bolts so if anyone knows the sizes could you let me know :)

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

Dude, to be fair - if you're umming and ah'ing over this, any other work you get done will be a shock.

A job, done properly - by a competant mechanic/tuner, takes as long as it takes.

I was thinking the same. These cars are getting older and sometimes big (and I mean proper big) bills are just around the corner.

ive been doing most at home mate, but i dont have the tools to deal with stubborn bolts

anyone can change a few nuts and bolts but i dont really want to be messing under the car on a gravel drive

if i snap a stud im in the shit

someone on here not long ago took his car to the garage and when he picked his car up there were problems that wasnt happening before he took the car in and people are terrible in my area.

not exactly hard work but how am i supposed to get a grinder in to grind the nut off?

thats how i usually do it if it wont undo

im in brownhills mate about an hour from shropshire

do you charge by the hour bud? just wondering what you charge so i know roughly what i need to scrape together :)

I could meet you in Telford then if you follow me to my unit which is in Welshpool. I will square it away, £20 and some haribo :thumbs:

Dude, to be fair - if you're umming and ah'ing over this, any other work you get done will be a shock.

A job, done properly - by a competant mechanic/tuner, takes as long as it takes.

This. These cars arn't cheap to maintain, a siezed down pipe is as cheap as its going to get really. I would rather pay someone I know will do a good job regardless of cost.

i havent touched it yet bud

i jacked it up on my drive which was abit dodgey

i put it on axel stands and had alook

the bolts that go on the side of the cat to that sensor 8mm or 9mm? look rusty, ive gave them a spray with wd40 there not the worst ive seen

but i remember someone telling me before if i brake a stud it will be a pain in the ass so i left it

i have no idea what the studs are like couldnt get a good look

normally if i come to a nut that wont come off i grind it off

and i wouldnt be able to do it here so i dont want to risk it and make it worse

i havent touched it yet bud

i jacked it up on my drive which was abit dodgey

i put it on axel stands and had alook

the bolts that go on the side of the cat to that sensor 8mm or 9mm? look rusty, ive gave them a spray with wd40 there not the worst ive seen

but i remember someone telling me before if i brake a stud it will be a pain in the ass so i left it

i have no idea what the studs are like couldnt get a good look

normally if i come to a nut that wont come off i grind it off

and i wouldnt be able to do it here so i dont want to risk it and make it worse

Ok no probs. I take it the pipe going back on is a decat? Is your car a NA or TT? And have you got new gaskets to go back on?