The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CJ's Monster Supra MKIV Repair Manual

Gerry

Those old timers like me may remember the shock when the postman delivered this big box that we thought was a new battery, but in fact turned out to be a copy of CJ's Famous Repair Book (you think I'm kidding - I'm not) :blink:

Mine is now offered for sale here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110838126181

If it's sold to a current mkivsupra.net member I'll give you a 20% discount from the minimum price in the way of a crisp £5.00 note inside the box !

I've only ever used it once, but seemed to derive some sort of strange pleasure in it's ownership, I’m hoping it will go to a new, young, enthusiastic member like wot I was when I got my first Supra (before I discovered big bikes) :D

Cheers

Gerry

Being a fairly new guy to the Supra world, who is CJ and why is the manual famous?

I feel I may be offending you by asking those questions :p

CJ is erm... CJ. You know... the guy who is currently fighting cancer, who is running a fund raiser and who you donated to? Have you been smoking piles of green? :D

The manuals are the repair manuals in paper form, printed out. You young pups won't remember anything that wasn't read from a computer screen though :p

I have a set of these manuals in the garage, I also have the official Toyota one for the engine that I use often (it's gubbed now lol). Great set to have for anyone that fancies doing anything on their own.

Are the ones you have in order? Just noticed a couple of front pages missing? The ones I have were all mixed up, it's a bit of a pain but they are still great regardless.

CJ is erm... CJ. You know... the guy who is currently fighting cancer, who is running a fund raiser and who you donated to? Have you been smoking piles of green? :D

The manuals are the repair manuals in paper form, printed out.

That was my initial thought. Then I realised I would surely have heard something about these manuals at some point during my 2 years on here had it been the same CJ. I guess I was wrong as usual :p

You young pups won't remember anything that wasn't read from a computer screen though :p

This is also true! :D

You young pups won't remember anything that wasn't read from a computer screen though :p

I take offence to this as I class myself as a young pup but have both Original Chassis and Engine manuals. Even has '7M GTE rules' written on the front :D

Oh ye of little years and experience. CJ first came to my attention on 1932 when in a convoy of MKIV’s going from London to Castle Combe. I was there basking in the glory of my first Gunmetal Supra, thinking I was the top dog and everybody was looking at me when I started noticing that in fact nobody was looking at me and everybody’s eyes were fixed on a car a few vehicles back - CJ !

A few minutes later I was almost blinded by the brightest orange Supra I’d ever seen flash by me. It was simply awesome and in the sun light I’m sure you could have seen it from the International Space Station in orbit.

Colin owned it for a few years before he sold it to it’s new owner, although I did feel sorry for the new owner as everybody always called it CJ’s car.

Colin then decided that he fancied a change from the hustle and bustle of UK life and did what many of us dream about (but don’t have the balls to do) drove to the Greek Islands and settled out there earning a living in the evenings as a great host in the tavernas and lazing on the beach watching the bronzed beauties in the daytime sun - what a man !

Somewhere in between he managed to get a printing done of this repair manual / parts book which impressed everybody with just it’s weight alone !

He’s back in the UK at the mo getting some hospital treatment, but if you get a chance to say hello to him at a meet, do - he’s a great chap, even though he’s Welsh !

-------

Scott, to be really honest with you I'm not sure if they are in order or not, they just came like this in the box they are still in (in ring binder form). The only time I needed them was to search for a ball joint and found it in the right book :-)

Computers are great, but you can't use them to stand on to reach stuff at the top of the wardrobe lol

G

I take offence to this as I class myself as a young pup but have both Original Chassis and Engine manuals. Even has '7M GTE rules' written on the front :D

You haven't been young for years Martin. Anyone over 21 is considered old nowadays :D

I have set these from CJ although I didn't buy them from him. These are a great buy the info in them is second to none and has helped me out loads well worth buying. Think I paid about £60-£70 for mine but it was the best money I ever spent

Wow! I just stumbled upon this and I am humbled by some of the very kind words. :)

Gerry, who knows my friend, we may yet get to have another drink at Memories Bar whilst watching the young ladies saunter past in their skimpy finery! :D

Wow! I just stumbled upon this and I am humbled by some of the very kind words. :)

Gerry, who knows my friend, we may yet get to have another drink at Memories Bar whilst watching the young ladies saunter past in their skimpy finery! :D

Great "memories" from that holiday CJ ! Another drink there would be brilliant mate :-)

Cheers

G

Cj found my car for me and i never got chance to thank him personally, but as we are going to dragonball ill be buying that man a pint

Be good to meet you.

Oh and anyone looking for a hard copy of the manuals? There are none better out there than this set as it covers everything!

:shock:

:hug:

:D

Free bump! ... Put a bid in but was out bid straight away. Looks like this one might require some of my ninja ebay skills to win!

Thank you for my free bump !

What I suggest you do is to immediately put a £100.00 maximum bid on and hope you will be the lucky one :-)

Although... I do expect to buy my new track bike with the proceeds !!!

G :-)

OK Folks… This is the day somebody is going to be made more happy than if they won the lottery or Jordan popped round for a coffee and to show them her new thong !

In 6 hours 17 minutes, the bidding will end on this historic auction and there will be a proud new member of the prestigious “CJ’s Repair Manual Club” !

At 16.22 (that’s twenty past four to you and I) you to have the chance to own the very item in the picture, all 13 kilos of it.

I’ve already been offered large sums of money to take it off Ebay, the swap for a Mazda MX5 and the use of a members daughter for the weekend, but no need to worry chaps, I held firm and didn’t break !

Gerry :-)

PS.. Remember the mkivsupra.net discount of five of your English pounds in the box !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.