The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pancakes mid march...!!

Sted

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was lovely to catch-up with everyone. The combination of excellent company, good weather and roads made for a fantastic day. Does anyone know if Ian got back ok?

Thanks again for a great day.

Sharon

Yep, he's ok. Some poor sod followed him home at 60 Mph all the way.

Glad we made the trip although it is a long way to go just for a pancake. Thankfully the Dutch Savoury that I was dreaming of was better in reality. Nice to see everyone and for the next one we will do the full day.

H.

It was lovely to catch-up with everyone. The combination of excellent company, good weather and roads made for a fantastic day. Does anyone know if Ian got back ok?

Thanks again for a great day.

Sharon

Ian got home ok, I Gave him a call when we got home he couldn't have been to far behind us as we were only doing 60-65 all the way to wigan.

which reminds me - how given that you left Rowen long before us did you overtake us all heading back to Chester? Did you get lost or could you just not fit the barge through the castle gates at Conwy? :p

Mike

Nightmare my friend got to the end of the road an Anna had set her Tomtom off the phone and it said turn right so not thinking tbh I did! At which point about 2 miles up the road it said "No GPS signal" then said "turn around when possible" aaaaahhhhhhhhh! So I set the Sat nav on the GTR and it got us home! Yeah it only just fit through Conway castle! Thought it was going to fall down when I went through giving it a Rev :D

Not sure about 'barge' (although there was plenty of 'toy-boat-a's' :D) I think 'millennium falcon' is closer! Bloody hell its fast, its the first car I've had where I think my own abilities and its abilities are quite far apart LOL! Think my next mod is to get a driver ecu remap for me :D Just booked on to the CATD driver training through the GTROC :)

PS can you email me any good shots you might have got from yesterday, I'm current re-doing the office and would love some decent car shots, Supra's, NSX, GTR anything really? Just a lot of mine were poor :( May be put a thread up in the MM section (don't worry if you don't I might stick one up later :) ) as there was a lot of us taking photos! :)

Edited by rob wild (see edit history)

:D Thanks for a great day out guys n gals them " New roads" are great Ian+Sharon just wish i could of attacked them lol but hay ho the scenery looked good lol

Thanks for everybody helping out with the car, Dave Ian and sharons mate with some rubber ooerr lol and Mike for the antifreeze mix, Paul n Vicki shadowing me home, must admit the temp guage didnt rise above half way even when we got stuck in that stupid roadworks on the A55 and ive only put about a pint of water back in today so temp Rad cap repairs kinda worked :D

So one bonus all the fuel i saved pootling, i can buy a new rad cap with the saving lol :p

Cheers

-Ian-

Glad you got home ok fella! How you going to get that spring out of the rad? Thinking about it I saw a spare rad in the shed the other week not sure what its off but it might be off a Supra.

To be Honest i dont think the rad cap has a spring its a "bung" type of thing i will know more when i see one when i get one off "mr toyota" ...even if its gone down into the rad it wont go anywhere too big to go down inside the fins of the radiator

Cheers

-Ian-