The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The 100km Delivery mileage Supra is back for sale..

Samurai 20V

You planning on moving to Japan so you can have a "new" Supra then? :p

No, I was just questioning the cost of registering a car in Japan?

For £30k estimated on the road UK price, I'd be seriously looking to add a 5-6 more grand to it, and saying "Harrow Mr GT-R seller"

Have you turned Chinese Johnny?

TRD brace doesn't make me wonder, it's the turbo timer and aftermarket stereo that does.

I'm the same, parts being fitted at a dealership wouldn't raise my eyebrow. "Performance" parts already fitted to a car that's supposedly only got delivery miles, or just above, doesn't ring true.

Re the strut brace, could you not get TRD bits from the dealership?

That is correct, all Toyota dealerships in Japan offer TRD parts.

TRD brace doesn't make me wonder, it's the turbo timer and aftermarket stereo that does.

I'm the same, parts being fitted at a dealership wouldn't raise my eyebrow. "Performance" parts already fitted to a car that's supposedly only got delivery miles, or just above, doesn't ring true.

Car was owned by an individual, not a dealership...

WAS owned, it's now owned by a dealer is it not? It is the new owner who fitted the strut brace.

Your post made it seem like you thought the car was never sold to anybody when it was new..

But you are correct, difficult to say who fitted such extras, the car does seem too good to be true.

I am gonna try to see it in the flesh,not far from my work..

Your post made it seem like you thought the car was never sold to anybody when it was new..

But you are correct, difficult to say who fitted such extras, the car does seem too good to be true.

I am gonna try to see it in the flesh,not far from my work..

I'm not really sure how you are drawing that conclusion from what I said. Did you see the original thread? Have you read all of this thread or at least the posts that I was referring to? It may seem that way to you but I can't see anyone else getting that from what I wrote.

Some members were raising concerns with the fact that a TRD strut brace had been added whilst the mileage was still the same. This implied that they assumed the car would have been taken somewhere or driven as what would be the point in the strut and where would they get it. Another member said that this wouldn't worry him as a strut brace can easily be ordered by the dealer in order to make the car more appealing. My first statement was agreeing with him that it wouldn't worry me either and that the dealer (new owner) could easily have ordered one in.

The 2nd part was again backing up what the same member said about the aftermarket turbo timer. Why would the car have had a turbo timer fitted if it was never going to be used. Splicing into the ignition simply to add such a device is a silly upgrade when the main sell on this car is how original it is. This sets off alarm bells for me as it would perhaps suggest that the car had in fact been used a fair bit more than indicated.

Why would the car have had a turbo timer fitted if it was never going to be used. Splicing into the ignition simply to add such a device is a silly upgrade when the main sell on this car is how original it is. This sets off alarm bells for me as it would perhaps suggest that the car had in fact been used a fair bit more than indicated.

good point