The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big brake kit D2 8 pistons 356mm

weskereric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't care what anyone says, these are VERY good brakes. If you put them next to the K-sports there identical and probably made by the same company. My only complaint would be the pads are far too dusty. But saying that the AP 6 pot pads are a direct fit.

This is a steal at this price.

GLWS.

Don't care what anyone says, these are VERY good brakes. If you put them next to the K-sports there identical and probably made by the same company. My only complaint would be the pads are far too dusty. But saying that the AP 6 pot pads are a direct fit.

This is a steal at this price.

GLWS.

the original 4 pots are far better!!!!! with good pads and discs. these look cool but if used hard at track etc will/could brake... and not the right kind of brake :( but to use on the road they will work perfect :)

the original 4 pots are far better!!!!! with good pads and discs. these look cool but if used hard at track etc will/could brake... and not the right kind of brake :( but to use on the road they will work perfect :)

Have you used these brakes before?

My last single had UK brakes all round, my current single has D2s up front and stock J-spec on the rear and IMO my current setup is by far better.

Why would they break? With the right pads and fluid to cope with sustained hard use on track why would these cause an issue?

It would be no different to using UKs or JSpecs on track with std fluid and road pads. After a few laps they would be overheating and next to useless.

Or are you suggesting the calipers would snap or seize with track use?

Why would they break? With the right pads and fluid to cope with sustained hard use on track why would these cause an issue?

It would be no different to using UKs or JSpecs on track with std fluid and road pads. After a few laps they would be overheating and next to useless.

Or are you suggesting the calipers would snap or seize with track use?

i dont want to make this thread hacked upp, but its a reason brembo kits cost from 4300$ to 8700$ just for a front kit and that is not with carbon disc and pads. i have seen several d2 seize upp on track, piston seize on one wheel thats not that fun!!!!

But as earlyer stated these will work fine with road use...

I know several people with these fitted on a variety of cars, scoobys, Evos of different varietys and Supras and they have stood up and taken a beating on track and road, these are good brakes, if your not a badge snob and want a good bit of kit they are spot on. If I wasn't already building a set of brakes i would of had these in a flash.

Good luck with the sale dude

• 3 weeks later...
i dont want to make this thread hacked upp, but its a reason brembo kits cost from 4300$ to 8700$ just for a front kit and that is not with carbon disc and pads. i have seen several d2 seize upp on track, piston seize on one wheel thats not that fun!!!!

But as earlyer stated these will work fine with road use...

What you mention is not new, this has also been discussed on here before and a quick search should pull up the info.

GLWTS

these as mentioned are exactly the same as the k-sports.. which to the comments on track use k-sport have there own time attack subaru with what are the same brakes just a differnt engraving. ive not heard of that subaru siezing up so thes must be a good choice for track use

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.