The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Radiator Drain Plug

Scott

Do you have any drill sets at home, just get the drill thats fits the hole at the bottom of the thread and

then it will be obvious if the front of the thread is bigger

Yeah, but I'm thinking the back end of the vernier will be good enough to gauge it.... I just need to get out my dressing gown and off my bum :D

NPT and BSP are very similar in taper form, but one will not go far into the other. My guess is the thread is NPT or BSP taper.

Hoping so, I've ordered a BSP taper bung type thing. I think the stock intake temp sensor is NPTT so I'm ruling that out for now.

Well yes the vernier would be better but the drill will give you a visual as to whether it is

tapered or not which it looks like it is.

If it is NPT and close to 10 mm then its only going to be 1 size which is 1/8 NPT which has a tapping drill size of

letter Q or 0.332"

1/4 NPT has 7/16 tapping drill size (0.438") and 1/16 NPT is letter C or 0.242"