The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Twin Intake for TT6

Samurai 20V

You have to take into account that toyota spent millions to make a setup suited for the stock 330bhp. Fullfilling various noise and other regulations etc. They don't always R&D for performance as seen regarding the exhaust system etc. The Twin Intake has more flow capacity and less bends(especially the T) so i do think it can flow easier and better.

The stock intake may suck cooler air, however you're neglecting the fact that its spun through some 500+ degree heated turbos.

How come your compressors are 500 degrees? I would of thought having hundreds of cfm's of fresh air flowing through it would of kept it reasonably cool, does mine anyway. Are you sure you don't mean your turbine side?

I just plucked the number out of thin air. Have you ever touched the compressor housing after a run in the car? They're roasting hot!

Not on my car when it was a tt but I would imagine they would get hotter after you'd stop the car. Considering what your egt's usually are I'd be very very surprised if a compressor housing was anywhere remotely near 500 degree's during normal operation.