The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Superpro Polybush Group Buy

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul,

I've had a small accident and gave the front drivers side wheel a big wack against a curb. Since I’ve had the wheel fixed but it now looks like it’s pushed further in and the steering is pulling to the side. I have not taken the car to a mechanic but from talking to people here there suggestion is that I probably have either a bent lower or upper control arm. I had plans to restore the suspension so what I am thinking to do is to buy new OEM front and lower control arms for the front and replace the rest of the front and rear bushing with your superpro polybushing kit. Do you recommend this or have another suggestion?

I am also going to need new coilover and the car alignment adjusting ROD ASSY, TIE, LH 45470-19065 / RH 45460-19235 'LINK' which is seized so I wasn't able to adjust the bolt to get the car aligned.

Anyone who thinks their bushes are performing to spec 10++ years after their supra left the factory (regardless of mileage) is kidding themselves. Many people on here rave about the transformation they have seen by just changing their bushes and I want a piece of that action. :)

I'm going to replace all of the bushes on my Supra with poly ones, OEM rubber would be fine but you can't buy them from anywhere, even Toyota only sell complete suspension components but I don't want to replace wishbones, etc when they're fine... so poly it is.

I'm after OEM (or roughly equal) 'stiffness', I may mostly use my car at weekend/on track but (a) I still like my spine (b) Toyota designed the overall car to work well with some flex in the bushes. I was going to get PowerFlex ones as I believe they are designed to be within 20% stiffness OEM rubber, after I spoke with them at a motor show last year. I've never heard of SuperPro, so convince me - why should I chose these over PowerFlex or any other for that matter?

Cheers!

Anyone who thinks their bushes are performing to spec 10++ years after their supra left the factory (regardless of mileage) is kidding themselves. Many people on here rave about the transformation they have seen by just changing their bushes and I want a piece of that action. :)

I'm going to replace all of the bushes on my Supra with poly ones, OEM rubber would be fine but you can't buy them from anywhere, even Toyota only sell complete suspension components but I don't want to replace wishbones, etc when they're fine... so poly it is.

I'm after OEM (or roughly equal) 'stiffness', I may mostly use my car at weekend/on track but (a) I still like my spine (b) Toyota designed the overall car to work well with some flex in the bushes. I was going to get PowerFlex ones as I believe they are designed to be within 20% stiffness OEM rubber, after I spoke with them at a motor show last year. I've never heard of SuperPro, so convince me - why should I chose these over PowerFlex or any other for that matter?

Cheers!

Powerflex don't make a full kit for starters?

Powerflex don't make a full kit for starters?

OK, not the diff, but they do front & rear AR, front upper & lower wishbones (front & rear bushes), steering rack mount, trailing arms (front & rear bushes), track control arm (inner & outer)...

If they are much of a muchness I may as well get all of these from PowerFlex, I was hoping for your advice to say why SuperPro might be a better choice. PowerFlex offer a lifetime warranty.

OK, not the diff, but they do front & rear AR, front upper & lower wishbones (front & rear bushes), steering rack mount, trailing arms (front & rear bushes), track control arm (inner & outer)...

If they are much of a muchness I may as well get all of these from PowerFlex, I was hoping for your advice to say why SuperPro might be a better choice. PowerFlex offer a lifetime warranty.

Last time I checked they don't make rear upper arm bushes. I can supply Powerflex as well by the way, I've never used them personally so can't really give you any input.

We've been fitting and supplying Superpro for about 5 years now and never had a bush fail or any complaints about road noise/comfort, personally I can't feel any difference in this area over the stock bushes.

Paul,

Sorry to clutter up your group buy thread, I have some questions about these.

In your experience, how do the ball joints wear compared to bushes?

I have been toying with the idea of replacing all the arms with new OEM stuff, but the cost is horrendous.

Obviously, I dont want to have to spend so much on the bushes and find out that the balljoints are stuffed..

My car is 1994 model, with 116000kms on the clock. The car has lowerinfg springs on OEM bilsteins, but I dont know how long they have been on the car.

Thanks.

Paul,

Sorry to clutter up your group buy thread, I have some questions about these.

In your experience, how do the ball joints wear compared to bushes?

I have been toying with the idea of replacing all the arms with new OEM stuff, but the cost is horrendous.

Obviously, I dont want to have to spend so much on the bushes and find out that the balljoints are stuffed..

My car is 1994 model, with 116000kms on the clock. The car has lowerinfg springs on OEM bilsteins, but I dont know how long they have been on the car.

Thanks.

Hi,

The ball joints very rarely go, I reckon we've replaced arms for this reason once or twin in the last 12 years so its not something you should really worry about.

Thanks

Hi,

The ball joints very rarely go, I reckon we've replaced arms for this reason once or twin in the last 12 years so its not something you should really worry about.

Thanks

Thanks Paul.

I am interested in these, I just need to confirm fitment of the bushes, were to do.

I will get back to you.