The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP!! Stuck in work carpark.

Guigsy

bit it starts fine. sparks up and runs for half a second. and had plenty of juice to sit doing that over and over for 40 mins with me fiddleing with the alarm. if the battery was knackered after it conked out it wouldnt have started again would it?

even when i went back to it this morning it started for half a second before the indicators flashed and it conked out. then after unplugging the battery for 10 mins and connecting it back up it did it once then it tried but wouldnt fire then just gave me "click, click, click"

So the battery is dead from the repeated cranking without being recharged i think.

I'd say so too, Let's hope the reset has worked once the battery is charged. Fingers crossed :)

Hi Adam, only just got your pm and logged on for the first time this weekend, sorry about that mate.

From the limited info you have given, the first thing I would want to check is the voltage to the pump after it fires and you have stopped cranking. But, I am basing that on how a stock ecu does things and of course you are aem. Let me know if there is anything I can do, though to be honest, its unlikely to be during the week mate. I know this sounds silly, but you did tidy the remains of those connectors up in the engine bay after last time didn't you?

cheers shane. dont want to put you out and and i need to get it moved off the road before the neigbours complain about a car abandonded on the street with no parking restrictions and have it towed. wouldnt put it past them after the bitching to the police after i parked over the curb for 2 days a few weeks ago :p

the pump seems to be fine (first thing i thaught of after last time) i can hear it and it sounds normal. and the guage is reading normal pressure. I did tidy the wires, but just made sure they were more securely out of the way. i have only driven the car a few miles a week since then realy, its on my long list of jobs :p I did check them too and they are where they always have been.

after charging the battery last night my charger said all was good so refitted it this morning. but now it doesnt even start then cut out when the indicators flash. it just sits turning over.

Iv fiddled with the alarm, checked fuses. fed up now. going to order my new exhaust then send it up to ash at garage 786 with a (long) list of little things to sort out :p