The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MT ET street on an NA, worth it?

Neil-NA

are you still going with NOS mate? to be fair I think most other NA guys respect your ET's. some people poo-poo the NA idea, it's like unless you've got 2x turbos an engine doesn't even start. just to let you know, my mate with a supercharged BMW 328i ran a time similiar to your best. That says something! Keep up the good work :thumbs:

Think i am going to leave the nitrous for now mate, atleast till i can get the 60ft's down.

NA's shouldnt even be on this forum, they are not really supras! dont even look like a TT! they are dog****! set fire, i wouldnt waste the timber! the best thing i can say about my NA is that i dont even have to lock it when i leave it, lets face it, who the **** would wana steal it! its an NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This man speaks the truth.

Thanks for the info matey.

The problem i have had the last 2 times is i was using tyres that have gone off, hence me wanting better tyres, but as some of the guys have said its no point in getting the tyres if they are going to cause it to bog.

Ideally i need to find someone who has used drag tyres on an NA before i go down that route.

Mph on the runs has been fine, usually a good few mph above the other NAs but i have one of the worst 60fts at 2.35, i literally either bogged or span the tyres, anymore than 3500rpm and it span, any less and it bogged.

I'm sure an NA would have enough initial torque to get you off the line with a sticker tyre as long as you can find the right revs. This may involve some practice.

Other cars without turbos manage to use MT's ok.

If you dont get some MT's and i'm at Shakey when you are i don't mind you having a go with my wheels and tyres just so you can see the extra grip level you will get off the line.

I'm sure an NA would have enough initial torque to get you off the line with a sticker tyre as long as you can find the right revs. This may involve some practice.

Other cars without turbos manage to use MT's ok.

If you dont get some MT's and i'm at Shakey when you are i don't mind you having a go with my wheels and tyres just so you can see the extra grip level you will get off the line.

Thank you very much for the offer, very much appreciated.

I still don't know what to do, it seems 50/50 on them working, i have spent a few days now searching the net trying to find someone who has used them on a low powerd car.

I might just get them and if they don't work i can always put my road wheels on.

Thank you very much for the offer, very much appreciated.

I still don't know what to do, it seems 50/50 on them working, i have spent a few days now searching the net trying to find someone who has used them on a low powerd car.

I might just get them and if they don't work i can always put my road wheels on.

Unless you plan on taking it very seriously I would say it's a waste of time.

Get some R888s that you can practice on the road with and hit the limit on them. If you check the times that are hit on r888s along with the 60ft times you will see that they far exceed what you are looking to do.

If you get R888s, practice your nuts off and take it to the track I think you will be hard pushed to beat what you can achieve with them by changing over to slicks for the amount of time that you will have to practice.

I have now gone full circle from this morning and decided for the first round I will use my normal 17s with T1Rs and see what 60fts I get with them as a bench mark for the next round, Im just hoping to get the times down a touch from 14.5, ideally as close to 14 as possible.

I have now gone full circle from this morning and decided for the first round I will use my normal 17s with T1Rs and see what 60fts I get with them as a bench mark for the next round, Im just hoping to get the times down a touch from 14.5, ideally as close to 14 as possible.

Sounds like a perfect plan :)

What induction system do you have?

I have been using an Apexi filter but will run with no filter and a pipe to the headlight intake this year.

Can I recommend that you get a custom 3" downpipe to the lower driver's bumper cover inlet? It creates a ram air effect as you have a proper scoop whereas the headlight area will flow more air over it than into it, as it's behind the leading edge and at an angle.

My previous NA had a cone filter right in the lower inlet and it absolutely screamed along. No idea of horsepower but it makes my TT feel incredibly sluggish and that's saying something. In fact I'd happily go back to it, it had that much punch.

Obviously it lacked mid-range but had loads of torque. The longer the intake piping, the more torque at low rev's, as you're reducing turbulence in the airflow. Something like that.

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)