The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Considering going single and 6 speed

drift_bear

Can't believe why anyone would spend £25k+ building a quality single when this is/was for sale http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?245373-Gauging-interest-My-HKS-T04Z-single-Turbo-6-speed-supra

I spent more than this building mine and virtually gave it away for the price of a late stocker. I guess if the fun is in the building maybe, but I wouldn't do it again.

Wow...single build would be great Alex...you won the lotto or something!?:D I couldn't see myself spending £20k on a build (atleast not for a few years!)

nah bud, just working my arse off at a couple of jobs just now so getting pretty good income.

When you say "building" are you planning on doing it yourself? , you will spend 20k with ease, more like 25k id say getting a well setup real 750bhp.

I would not advise anyone on going that way unlesss you plan to keep the car for ever.

im wanting to do as much of the build myself so i can say that i done this and done that to the car, like i said its more of a pride thing by doing it myself. I wouldnt hesitateto speak to lee to for help/sending the car down to get finished or etc. I have been offered a couple of decent set up singles on here but once i add up roughly how much i will need/spend i will decide then if im just going to sell up and buy or not.

like i said its more of a pride thing by doing it myself.

Stuff the pride-thing, lol :D, I bought mine as a package, added a few costly things and then went front cover. I saved a shed load of money in opting for this single turbo method but if I was thinking of building my own car from scratch then I would have a think 'only' and then buy something ready built.

If I was up for something now then I would go for Kev Huntley's machine which is the bargain of the century IMO.

Edited by SupraAyf (see edit history)