The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new lad... got a 180sx... but want a supra!

Guest SX_BIG

they are LOTS of fun :) cheap parts, lots of sideways action!

i know the na will be worse on fuel and slower.. but im happy with that. fuel doesnt fuss me.. i just want a change of scenery really!

cheers for the welcome guys!

they are LOTS of fun :) cheap parts, lots of sideways action!

i know the na will be worse on fuel and slower.. but im happy with that. fuel doesnt fuss me.. i just want a change of scenery really!

cheers for the welcome guys!

You're welcome!

Without being too specific, what's your ballpark budget anyway, as a maximum?

No matter how determined you are to stick to an 'affordable' figure, there's always one much better for just a bit more........ :)

Then, once you've bought it, you see another one that you like the look of more. NA's have great 'out of the hole' acceleration but lack 3rd gear power unless you've thrashed it to keep the rev's up.

Turbo's are spongy and soft to start but then waft you along like the wind. Totally different feel and not sure which I prefer tbh.

I think an NAT would have the best feel, with higher compression and a turbo, up to about 8psi that is, on a stock block. Might find a converted one cheap?

There was a V8 swap for £4k until recently. 1UZFE. Wanted it but no storage.

Just aim for the higher end of your budget, plus some, or you'll only end up spending more on repairs and mods later, way more than the one that you really want but 'can't quite justify'.

For example, mine owes me over £12k and I'd consider selling it for £7k to a club member. It's not going to be driven for 6 months now as the MOT and insurance just expired, plus, it's hopeless in the snow with the rear tyres I have.

Got a 4x4 for winter and when that insurance expires, I'll either sell the Supra or spend even more money on it, only to sell it!

What exactly are you looking for and what do you want to do with it? Don't compromise on what you want to save money, as you can always sell it again. They're holding their value much better than the old MkIII, that's for sure!

thanks mate,

well i intend to sell the 180 for circa £4k. i suppose ( as i want to save a tiny bitve money) that my budget is around £3500....perhaps not totally realistic but ive seen a few for that price and below and im off to see Dans NA tomorrow which sounds like a very clean car.

With regards to seeing other cars... i know what ya mean!!! i only had the White S14 for 6 weeks!!!!!

the black s14 was a turbo and the white s14 was NA... witout a doubt i enjoyed the NA the most. i enjoy the way they drive and, put bluntly, turbos are just another worry at times. sounds stupid, but as i just want a car to roll up and down the motorway and too and form work in for a while i have no need for a turbo. i also have got so use to having power from 3000rpm+ its really refreshing having grunt with theNA the moment you press the go pedal. That said though, i have a barrel of laughs in the 180sx .. its meant to be around 330hp, so no slouch.

Ive seen a few NAT's popping up...deffo something i will look into but not quite what im after atm... im worried about how reliable they are?

"There was a V8 swap for £4k until recently. 1UZFE. Wanted it but no storage." I would freaking love a v8.

"What exactly are you looking for and what do you want to do with it? Don't compromise on what you want to save money, as you can always sell it again. They're holding their value much better than the old MkIII, that's for sure!"

the car will be for comfy drives to work, to friends... unlike the 180 i will not be drifting it.. as tarty as it sounds.. i want s nice looking car to cruise around in lol!

i dont want masses of power. i think the mk4 shape is perfect. lovely lookings cars ( although im not totally taken on the spoilers!)

a manual mk4 NA ticks the boxes... and i couldnt consider a auto! lol

thanks again mate :) very helpful!

• 3 months later...
Guest SX_BIG

LOL dont ask...

basicly, sold the 180 and this came up for the right price... i thought ' hey.. that will be nice.. away from drift cars for a bit' etc..

but no.. craving RWD manual ( ok.. the mercs rwd.. but its hardily a skid machine!)

so i wana get a supra...

Dan ... :p

someone swap me! LOL!

Welcome!! I've had an '89 240SX coupe and a '93 240SX hatch... absolutely loved them! Even though I'm in love with my Supe, I'm a die hard Nissan fan (and wait for the comments haha) Aside from those, I also had an '03 350Z. Without selling a kidney and lung, I wouldn't have been able to afford a Supe in America so when I got stationed in Japan, one kind of fell into my lap and I couldn't pass it up. Best decision man. Good luck finding one :) Who knows... in a few years, depending on the next place I go (I'm in the USAF), mine my be up on the forum looking for a *new* home :( Welcome again!

Edited by LolaBoost94
retard mode in spelling (see edit history)

Guest SX_BIG

cheers :)

i passed up the oppourtunity to get a good ones really ~( off dan above) but just cudnt sell the car in time.

once ive shifted the merc ill have one no problems :)

and yup, i live my nissans hehe

Welcome to the forum, i have had a soft spot for S bodies for a while, i have a na manual and where as more power would be fun, i do enjoy ragging the hell put of it every now and then (is this one of those post a new owner may look up one day) without worrying that its going to blow something, thye are super reliable and go forever as already said if well looked after. To make it a bit more sprightly i would give it a reeeeaaaalllly good service, loose some weight, lower it, fit some decent wheels and go have fun!

Guest SX_BIG

cheers mate!

ive had a few turbos let go on me and its pissed me right of as late... a strippe dout supra for drifting would be a barrel of laughs i think!

Neo... nice. Swap for the merc ? :D

Guest SX_BIG
Welcome buddy, I am sure I recognize the SX collection. Your not from the northern part of Essex are you?

i am indeed mate :) hello to you!!

Guest SX_BIG

Mark, yup Lee!!! say hello, i wasn able to get hold of him reg. supra info at the time of writig this thread!!! would like a catch up with him at some point.

DamanC - recognise the silver one yup!! im still around so ill giv eyou a flash next time i see you... with headlights obviously... thats one awesome looking supra!

someone must want this merc :D :p