The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black '93 J-Spec NA 5spd Manual- SOLD - Off to Germany

neo2810

I'm moving to new ownership pastures so I have up for sale (available to drive away in a couple of weeks) my Black NA. I realise there have been a few low priced NA's around recently but I'm pricing mine at £SOLD as I believe that's what it's fair worth is. I'm open to a little negotiation as I'd like it to go to a club member who will look after it or put it to good use. It's in good nick in and out so well primed for a conversion if you so desire but as an NA, is probably already one of the faster in the club (Dyno'd at 246bhp fly, 208bhp wheels although I'd be surprised if that's absolutely accurate in truth).

Heres the thread linking to the dyno sheets: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?233366-Stage-2-Dyno-run-testing-new-AAS-goodies

The car has 131,000km on the clock but was converted to miles at around 91,000km (57000 miles) (documented) so is at about 97000 miles.

Currently the car is only advertised here...

So, what do you get?

Exterior:

- Bomex copy (i think) bumper (not the best fit but not bad. recently repaired and fully resprayed)

- Genuine Veilside skirts (recently resprayed)

- Stock rear bumper and spoiler

- Rear right quarter panel and door dint's professionally repaired and respray full right side

- Full professional stage 1 paint restore and full detail in and out 2 weeks ago

- Windscreen replaced with brand new 6 months ago

- Advan AVS 17" alloys, refurbed 18 months ago, but one or 2 stone chips and center caps with some chipped paint (still in very good nick though) - All with center caps and anit-theft valve caps

- Nearly new Toyo Proxes front and brand new Bridgestones rear

- Clear side repeaters

- 6000k HiDs on dipped beam, Xenon on main beam

- Brake calipers painted red with "Supra" decals

- Stubby aerial

- Underseal done just before winter by Jurgen

- Suspension solid with no knocking (lowered a little)

Interior:

- 3M Di Noc carbon wrap dash

- Blue LED conversion

- Momo Millenium 320mm wheel

- TRD ball type gear knob

- Group buy Supra mats, nearly new

- Single DIN Clarion CZ501E and Vibe Slick 6 240W speakers fitted all round

- Driver electric chair

Engine:

- Custom induction arm and air filter fitted by Advanced Automotive Systems Ltd - 15 months old

- Custom tubular manifold and full exhaust system decatted fitted by Advanced Automotive Systems Ltd - 15 months old

- Iridium sparks recently fitted, about 400 miles ago

- Brand new distributor cap and rotor fitted in Jan

- Fuel filter just changed

- Starter motor refurbed 2 years ago, perfect engagement

- Clutch plate (uprated clutch from Keron) and bearing brand new, Master cylinder brand new, slave has refurbed kit fitted (all within the last 5 months)

- Running stock brake discs with CW Fastroad pads all round, all plenty of life left

- Timing belt was done when I got the car just under 2 years ago so has done about 15000 miles on the new one (documented)

Full service history, plenty of docs, just passed MOT so 10 months on that and tax runs till Sept I believe.

I think I've covered everything. This car has been excellent and I'd have been tempted to do a turbo conversion in future rather than lose it for a new TT but my needs have changed so I'm moving into BMW territory.

The only negative point I have is that the clutch chatters at low rev disengagement but I've had the system (including the flywheel) checked and it's all fine. It appears to be a charactaristic of this particular clutch plate (similar to the competition clutch) and may wear off in time as it beds in some more. It's only done about 1500 miles so far.

And a view of the custom tubular manifold:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Graham, but the car is now provisionally sold. It's headed to Germany provided everything goes smoothly.

Thanks to Jurgen for the recommendation to one of his contacts over there...

It's gone for the asking price albeit with new discs and clutch plate/housing. Jobs I'd rather do for piece of mind.

I'm pretty sure it will be a Beemer when the time comes but I'll be moving house before I buy another car. I've got a 2l petrol S-Max to throw around in the meantime.

I've also told my wife I intend to buy another Sup in about 2 years as a third car (toy) but it will be a TT BPU or single. Happy days, then I can join in the NA bashing fun ;)

neo is this sold yet a mate of mine is tempted to get one and quite frankly for your spec and care of the car I would rather point him in your direction as you have obviously maintained and made decent mods over the usual "mods" some make. He has had interest in his old m3 that he would have to sell buy mainly I wanted to know if this is still up for grabs or is already sold to the guy in Belgium? Nothing is solid yet but frankly I would rather help a mate find a decent NA over some of the pos out there...... That I am hoping I have not brought myself. Pm me if it is easier and I will respond asap.

Edit: Germany not Belgium.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.