The mkiv Supra Owners Club

really annoyed grrrr coilover probs lol

ashbuster

would the drop links be stopping it form being pushed over? i thought as it was in that position before then the drop links wouldnt have made a difference because i thought they were movable anyway

what happened was, the strut rod bolt was removed from where it joins to the hub and it all moved backwards to the rear of the car and no matter how much we try it wont push back over towards the front of the car to line back up with the bar even with the shock back off

and thanks for the reply

There is an art to disconnecting the bar, the link nuts are Loctited and need heating up with a torch, all the riust wire brushing off the exposed threads, and the hole for the Allen key cleaning out perfectly. ONLY ONLY ONLY use a top quality, unworn key, if the hex the Allen key goes in rounds off you will have to grind off the nut, wrecking the link, and fit a new or good used one.

The good news is when you do *ugger it up I have good used ones... :)

The rear ones aren't so bad as thankfully MrT decided to put a tang on them that locks hard against the bar.

However, still follow Chris's advice as the rust on the threads is a killer. On one of the cars I worked on previously the first one came off right away with no work, when it came to the other side I was thinking more of the same but the corrosion on the thread got bit into by the nut and the tang just bent clear of the bar making it useless.

nice one mate will give it another go tomorrow

i noticed that the drop links were abit of a mess and ill try and sort it tomorrow but i have a feeling that it will round the inside so would be a grinder job lol

i called karparts and roadrunner today to ask how much new rear droplinks were and they wanted £30 each and then vat ontop lol

ive noticed some on ebay that are cheap but not sure if they can be trusted

theres no difference between the facelift and normal supras when it comes to drop links is there mate?

nice tip thanks guys :)

i dont have any decent tools like that so looks like a mobile machanic job just to put that back together

anyone know a rough cash price so i know im not being ripped off

if its that drop link that sstopping it going back 100% then id grind it off but if its not and i do it then its more money to the mechanic to fix the problem :(

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)