The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whos got an NA lightweight flywheel?... ME :)

Noz

yes mate i have.

the stage 4 clutch is a bit juddery, it feels like a new clutch would typically feel. its wearing in though and its slowly going away. i wouldnt say the flywheel is making the juddering, its very bitey, though some say the flywheel is what causes it.

the rev's are definitely noticable. if you change down and rev to get a faster gear change u will over rev easily. the clutch has got no give in it, where as before weight would be softened by slip in the clutch, you feel every jerk from the engine as soon as its engaged. this is obviously better for putting power down, as your not losing it through lack of connection in the clutch.

used to have to give it some beans to spin in 2nd, my clutch was on its way out. 2nd gear spins easily now without much effort, id be surprised if i could spin in 3rd but not up for hammering the crap out of it as 3rd gear NA wheel spins are pushing your luck.

1st gear is a definite change and 2nd gear noticable. as you go up through the gears the change in performance is felt less, and i feel that the slight difference in pull is reduced down the rev range per gear.

in 3rd gear after about 3000rpm its just as standard. feels better pull in 2nd up to 5000rpm, not alot but more responsive.

the main problem, is my clutch was pretty wasted. so there may be some changes that im feeling just because my clutch actually works. but acceleration has improved, not alot, but enough to make you pleased you paid the money.

changing gear take some getting used to as the rev's drop as soon as ur clutch is in and if the revs aren't right your through yourself all over the place, this clutch is not as forgiving as the standard one! :)

Even sounds quieter when starting up. Don't get any whine. Every car is different though, these are just my own accounts.