The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU first impressions

Samurai 20V

First cat and pipe off, second cat and pipe off with it.

Add first decat pipe. Scratch yourself

Fit optional AFR probe.

Check Restrictor Ring

Bolt up second decat pipe.

Bolt up exhaust.

Start up and check. Done.

FCD --> Buy FCD, wire in as per instructions. Scratch yourself

Come back and start a 600 page thread on going single.

Funny..

I've done everything but fit the FCD and EBC. Other than that, all other BPU stuff has been done.

You better pray I don't go single though ;)

Going straight from a 2JZ-GE to a BPU'd 1JZ-GTE myself, double the ponies should be a bit of a kick in the arse!:D

Keep it between the ditches buddy and watch out for the 2nd tubby wading in on damp corners.:blink:

Great advice. Enjoy the straights and build up in the corners.

Got a Racelogic?

But it'd be for no reason, so I'd get one of the nice mods to unlock it and remove your yacht privileges.

With your reputation? That'd never happen :)

Great advice. Enjoy the straights and build up in the corners.

Got a Racelogic?

With your reputation? That'd never happen :)

What reputation? Such as asking questions that I want answers to and having a bunch of prats jump on the bandwagon and start telling me I'm chatting rubbish? I think people are getting mixed up between eagerness and posting rubbish.

Anyway, I'm bored of you now, back on topic.

Have fun with your full BPU :)

The performance hike for BPU is huge, but the largest change is the power jump when the second turbo comes on line...its one of the main reasons the supra flies off the road as the combination of serious power and an LSD makes it dangerous in the wet.

Fit Racelogic now before it is too late, it does not stop the car being fun, it just makes sure it stays fun.

Mine is a track-only car JB so if/when the rear does let go I'll will be in the relatively safe confines of a race track which is something at least.

But your advice is sound nonetheless.

Also the 1JZ is a true twin turbo, unlike the sequential 2JZ, so perhaps the power delivery will be smoother and therefore a bit more predictable for a pleb like me to handle.

Thats the theory anyway.

Going straight from a 2JZ-GE to a BPU'd 1JZ-GTE myself, double the ponies should be a bit of a kick in the arse!:D

Keep it between the ditches buddy and watch out for the 2nd tubby wading in on damp corners.:blink:

For sure mate, giving the car its due respect while I get used to it..

Nice one :thumbs:

Thanks for all your help Nic..

Have fun with your full BPU :)

Will do!

The performance hike for BPU is huge, but the largest change is the power jump when the second turbo comes on line...its one of the main reasons the supra flies off the road as the combination of serious power and an LSD makes it dangerous in the wet.

Fit Racelogic now before it is too late, it does not stop the car being fun, it just makes sure it stays fun.

I am giving the car its due respect for sure.. In the wet I wont be near the throttle at all.. The Falkens that I have seem to be coping fine at the moment, but I will consider the Racelogic for sure.. I will be fitting a TRD LSD soon..

I think this is what Toyota intended in the first place. It is amazing what you can do with very little money

For sure, basically decat and you making power...