The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance - underwriters that are good/bad

caseys

Morning All,

I was wondering as well as us having a thread of which insurer to check with / avoid like the plague if we should do that with underwriters too?

I was with A-plan for 4 years and then suddenly they changed underwriters, price remained the same even though my NCB was going up, but at the time no-one else could beat them on price for a normal policy. I then went out and googled the underwriter they said the policy was with and it was all horror stories :blink:

So would people think it's a good idea to have a thread so that people can detail their experience / read others experiences of any issues with insurance & underwriters? Whilst there's info on many out there on the web it's generally for normal cars with no mods, so would be useful to have a base of information on how certain underwriters have performed with high performance cars / heavily modified cars / weird circumstances etc.

Now I'm off to scratch my head and recall which underwriter it was that put me off sticking with my last insurer.

When i was with a-plan my underwriter was aviva. but being with a broker in the event of a claim the broker pays out to you.

all the uner writer does is provide the 'legal' part a broker needs to provide you with cover... this is what aplan explained to me