The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Over fuelling N/As - Apexi SAFC

Neil-NA

When I was developing the manifold I use to sell I did a before and after dyno test on my friends car, I don't remember seeing any change in fueling between the 2 dyno runs.

Best to get the car tested on a dyno, you'll be able to check AFR's and tweak the fueling with the SAFC if needed.

When I was developing the manifold I use to sell I did a before and after dyno test on my friends car, I don't remember seeing any change in fueling between the 2 dyno runs.

Best to get the car tested on a dyno, you'll be able to check AFR's and tweak the fueling with the SAFC if needed.

Thats the plan Nic.

I have ended up with one of your manifolds now but was trying to check if the safc will lean it out as i keep reding that you can only add fuel.

The SAFC can add and remove fuel, it does that by changing the airflow signal to fool the stock ECU. It's actually better at removing fuel than adding it, the opposite of what you've been reading. Once you're at WOT and the MAF signal is maxed out, you can't tell the stock ECU to add more fuel as it's already responding to the maximum voltage signal off the MAF, but you can always reduce the voltage value :)

Still all a bit pointless if you don't know what your engine is actually doing, though. Get that fuelling properly checked ;)

The SAFC can add and remove fuel, it does that by changing the airflow signal to fool the stock ECU. It's actually better at removing fuel than adding it, the opposite of what you've been reading. Once you're at WOT and the MAF signal is maxed out, you can't tell the stock ECU to add more fuel as it's already responding to the maximum voltage signal off the MAF, but you can always reduce the voltage value :)

Still all a bit pointless if you don't know what your engine is actually doing, though. Get that fuelling properly checked ;)

Thanks for the post Ian.

Will get it all checked out before doing anything.