The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Difference between 154 and w58 gearboxes (just curious).

hodge

IMO, the whole point of a project thread is to share ideas with other members. I consider it an honor that people use my ideas, so to say I'm not putting details in a project thread cos people steal ideas is ridiculous. If that's the case and you don't want anyone to know what's going on, dont update the thread and have it removed. Simples.

The project thread will be updated at the same time that the new engine is finished + in the car. Lots of development to do still and I don't want someone to pay a garage for the same thing done and finished before mine. I'm not in a position to throw money away at the mo, so its on the back burner. Some may call it selfish?

But I didn't take the credit for it....

But you never said it was my ideas you used so people would assume it was your idea. I really dont mind people using my ideas and am even cool with members phoning so I can talk them through the job like I said I'm honored members think the idea is good enough for there car.

So are you saying your fine people using your ideas as long as they say there using YOUR ideas.

No I didn't, you posted straight under it saying it was your idea though :p

It's not like that at all. I'm just not posting a list of what engine, what parts retrofit etc, for someone to simply spend a load of money, have the parts made / bought, thrown in their car and the pushed out of the door before mine just because they've got the money to pay someone to do it.

I'm not talking a few bolt on parts, but a complete custom job. Once I'm done and happy the list will go up and people can use ideas to their hearts content.

I think he means he doesn't want the concept copying before he's done it as he see's it has his idea? :shrug:

That's fair play but were ment to be a community with a common interest and to help eachother be it with ideas or help and info.

Suppose I'm just more of a team player.

I think he means he doesn't want the concept copying before he's done it as he see's it has his idea? :shrug:

Exactly that.

What's wrong with wanting to get mine finished with my ideas, before telling everyone else about it?