The mkiv Supra Owners Club

E-manage Ultimate Group Buy?

Nic

Also the ultimate comes with the support tool, but no USB cable. which is just a standard USB A-B cable.

About time too, that was always a crap thing about the original one, having to use the special cable and the price they charged for it and the support tool, or get a clone cable. Think I'll stick with my blue one for now, but if I didn't have one already this one looks very good indeed.

How do they wire in? it is just plug straight in or cutting and soldering into existing wires? Do most emanage units new come with wires ready to go? and when you fit them you have to get the car mapped?

It's a cut and solder job. You really need a Fields harness (or rather the replacement one you can now get), then you can do all the soldering out of the car on a bench and plug the whole lot in in one go. Otherwise you're looking at cutting around 20 wires in the loom and soldering around 30 connectors on while suspended upside down in the passenger footwell with 4 inches of clearance...

• 5 weeks later...

I'm with Gazboy ....

I consider myself to be one of the aforementioned 'retards' of which he speaks!! :help: . Especially worried about finding someone close by that can install it and set it all up for me.

Also, will I have problems with the SBC ID3 and Powermeter that I already have spliced into the the OEM ECU? I guess it shouldn't really impact anything?

Cheers, J :thumbs:

Nic, i have HKS Fcon V, but am concerned the unit will be 'locked out', it has some kind of harness....id be up for a Emanage Ultimate....can you post a picture of all harnesses you include, i will see if any look like mine!

once paint is done i will upload pics of my harness!

Rob, the harness for the F-con and e-manage are different, if you buy the EMU then you need to also buy new harnesses.