The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best and cheapest bodyshop in the nantwich/cheshire area?

Paul R

Looks really good Paul, I bet you're chuffed?? Good price too.

It looks good yeah. wish I'd had the bonnet done as well though - i just asked them to touch up the stone chips, but it looks a bit messy now. Might get it done at a later date or something.

Nice stuff. :)

My car is currently in a body shop having the front passenger wing, bonnet and front bumper resprayed, fixing a dent at the back and all the scratches, key marks and everything up the side. All for £420. Seems cheap but the guy is independant and I know plenty of people who go to him for jobs. I've known him for a while now and he's completely anal about everything he does, he has to do it to perfection despite costing him. So hopefully, I shall see some good results too at the end of the week! :) We'll see.

Hi,

I'm considering taking the car back to them actually. Now I've had a real close look at the paint, I'm not that happy. I dont know if you can see on the rear numper, but there is a bit of orange peel on the top of the rear bumper. Noticed some on the side skirt too and some flecks of dust in the paint.

Should be perfect from professionals in my opinion.

Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally found time to take my car back to the bodyshop as I wasnt happy. the guy in charge was very appologetic and i've booked the car in for them to repaint it. He said it looked like the paint had shrunk, giving the orange peel affect - He thought it was some kind of chemical reaction.

they are re-doing it anyway, so I'm happy still.

Paul.

Lol every paint job ive ever heard of that went wrong was down to "reaction" with the existing paint. At the end of the day, if they do the prep work right the first time, and use some sort of sealer primer, you shouldnt get a reaction, unless its just a blow over that is. Although i'm not a professional so what do i know. I've got my car going into my local bodyshop on Monday, i'm having a new front bumper sprayed and fitted, OEM skirts sprayed and fitted, removal of my Do-Luck rear and fitting of a stock rear (already in 040 white but might need modding as i have a 5" tail pipe lol), spraying and fitment of new front wings that i got from Toyota, and i was quoted £550 plus VAT so your price sounds about right. I managed to knock him down to £600 all in though including a machine polish at the end. The place i'm having it done are known for being expensive, but they're also known for being very good, and the guy assured me it wouldnt leave the shop unless it was 100% so i'm happy enough to pay that price. Incidently, the guy who's doing mine did mention about using something on the skirts thats meant to allow them to flex without cracking the paint.

Lol every paint job ive ever heard of that went wrong was down to "reaction" with the existing paint. At the end of the day, if they do the prep work right the first time, and use some sort of sealer primer, you shouldnt get a reaction, unless its just a blow over that is. Although i'm not a professional so what do i know. I've got my car going into my local bodyshop on Monday, i'm having a new front bumper sprayed and fitted, OEM skirts sprayed and fitted, removal of my Do-Luck rear and fitting of a stock rear (already in 040 white but might need modding as i have a 5" tail pipe lol), spraying and fitment of new front wings that i got from Toyota, and i was quoted £550 plus VAT so your price sounds about right. I managed to knock him down to £600 all in though including a machine polish at the end. The place i'm having it done are known for being expensive, but they're also known for being very good, and the guy assured me it wouldnt leave the shop unless it was 100% so i'm happy enough to pay that price. Incidently, the guy who's doing mine did mention about using something on the skirts thats meant to allow them to flex without cracking the paint.

Sounds the same as the place my car went to - I've had two cars sprayed there previously and the work was top notch.....Not sure what happened this time and the owner was very miffed it happened. He is going to have a word with the guy that did the work.

I'll report back second time around :) I'm sure they will sort it out and do a good job.