The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it worth getting a TRD thermostat over a stock one?

Scott

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's far too cool for a road car engine, the oil will never get hot enough to drive out water contamination, and it will drink petrol. Track only temp.

How will I increase the temp? Cooling System is too efficent now :(

I will triple check on the way home but 99% sure it was 80/81 motorway crusing at 110 120 KM

How are you logging the temp, with the Syvecs? What `stat is in it, not a stock one I would have thought?

With a Defi plumbed into the top rad hose, Stat I dont have a clue whats in it but it has a rad 2-3 times the size of standard (no branding on it from what I can see)

Before Collant change she was running around the 90 mark but it was mostly water in the system! After a run mine was alot cooler than Nigles BPU, you could not touch his engine but mine was no where near as hot (mine is BPU)

Greddy quad core intercooler and 19 row oil cooler with thermostat

from cold she does go up to 85-89 but then sits about the 80 mark; it is roughly 18 degress outside temp over here today

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

It's probably a far from accurate way of measuring the ater tem, you need to measure it in the head, like the stock ecu coolant sensor does, so it may be hotter than you think. Rad size won't matter, within reason, it's the `stat that controls flow and temp. If you are concerned fit a new stock Toyota `stat.

It's probably a far from accurate way of measuring the ater tem, you need to measure it in the head, like the stock ecu coolant sensor does, so it may be hotter than you think. Rad size won't matter, within reason, it's the `stat that controls flow and temp. If you are concerned fit a new stock Toyota `stat.

Cool (excuse the pun) ; stock sensor sits just below half which I think is about normal

After O2 sensor change fuel consumpsion is in lines with normal mpg other guys are getting ; probably just an inaccurate reading as you said

That Coffee Time; thanks for the help, I always wonder could you run your car too cold and now I know!