The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine Damaged 1996 Toyota Supra TT 6 Speed

charlieboo

1996 Toyota Supra RZ (Import, Manual, Facelift, non-VVTi)

Engine Damaged - Excessive Lateral Crank Movement (Crankwalk)

First registered in the UK on 11th January 2006 when I purchased her with 68,000 miles (ODO read 110,000 km). ODO currently reads 127,500 miles which is around 103,000 genuine miles.

Since owning the car I have added/replaced the following...

• 19” Racinghart CR Wheels
  • Walbro Fuel Pump
  • Thor Fuel Cut Defender
  • Envy Decat Pipes (not currently installed)
  • RSR CAT-Back Exhaust
  • New OEM O2 Sensor
  • Tein Flex Suspension
  • TRD Front Strut Brace
  • TRD Anti Roll Bars
  • Greddy FMIC (2 row)
  • RSR Air Filter (not currently installed)
  • New Radiator (unknown brand off eBay)
  • TRD Radiator Cap
  • New OEM Wheel Bearings All Round
  • New OEM Brake Discs All Round
  • New OEM Brake Master Cylinder
  • Goodridge Stainles Steel Brake Lines All Round
  • New OEM Hand Brake Shoes
  • New OEM Dash Panels
  • New OEM Leather Gear Knob
  • New OEM Handbrake Lever
  • TRD Steering Wheel (black/sliver)
  • New OEM Glass Headlights
  • Phillips BlueVision Bulbs
  • New OEM Clear Repeaters (front)
  • Halford’s Calcium Battery
  • Refurbished Brake Callipers
  • Infinity Speakers All Round
  • JVC DVD/MP3 Player
  • Blue LED Dash Conversion

2 Years ago I had the engine rebuilt and fully re-balanced due to big-end bearing failure...

• New OEM Pistons
  • New OEM Piston Rings
  • New OEM Connecting Rods
  • New OEM Bearings
  • New OEM Oil Pump
  • New OEM Water Pump
  • New OEM Timing Belt
  • New OEM Aux Belt
  • New OEM PAS Pump
  • New OEM Gasket Kit
  • ARP Bolts/Studs Throughout
  • TRD Engine Mounts
  • TRD Gearbox Mount
  • New OEM Clutch/Flywheel
  • New OEM Clutch Master Cylinder
  • All seals replaced on Engine/Gearbox

The car had passed every MOT without fault until in October 2010, MOT at local Toyota garage failed due to missing side repeaters (no idea why they didn't fail it previously). Luckily it was a Friday which meant that I could add them myself over the weekend and put the car back in for re-test without charge on Monday. Passed MOT on Monday and came home.

When I started her the next day, she hesitated and when she did start, I noticed a tapping noise from the engine. Further investigation reveales that the crank has excessive lateral movement (crankwalk).

Due to the emotional and financial stress caused when I last had the engine out, I have buried my head in the sand and simply left the car on the drive for the past 9 months.

I still have the original Toyota wheels, yellow Bilstein shocks and the original exhaust (all in great condition). It also has 2 new Goodyear Eagle F1’s fitted on the rear wheels which cost me £300+ just before the MOT. The car came with Recaro front seats and large brakes.

Starts up and idles fine but internal engine damage unknown. Oil leak has developed at the front seal. The price is £6000 collected.

Please send me a PM only if you are interested at this price as I won't accept offers and if it won’t sell then I will replace the engine myself.

EDIT: Sorry but I will only sell as a complete package as I may end up keeping the car.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.