The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T conversion advice

Guest marlowssupra

With your resources I don't think it would be difficult Dude.

Not so easy when you are an owner who is looking to have this work done.

Case and point is the valve stem seals. You reckon 1k is cheap for the labour required in that job. If that's the case then what would the labour be to supply and fit what you have in mind.

I would guess that part of your build would be checking the condition of the engine.

If you think you can supply and fit reliable N/A-T, drive in drive out conversions, for 2.5k then I reckon you may well be onto something.

Realisticaly for joe public it would prob give the same hp as a stock TT reliably, I would use a hidden nitrous kit to run at the pod, for that money a cheap ecu woulfd need to pop up and engine integrity would be down to customer, i would comp and leakdown it anyway before doing anything. In fact if I had a cheap piggy back I reckon I could do it for 1K as a mission and have it reliable and driving well obviously im not charging my self labour and I have a turbo kicking about, 2 days top whack start to finish.

The real benefit of the TT installation is that if you later want to go for "big" power it's a FAR better base - the sky's limit (as long as your budget is!)

going on that comment you could argue the facty that if you are going to throw cash at it n na is just as good for a base car. if i was to plough heaps of cash into my na there is no reason why i could not get 1000 bhp from it .

its all horses for courses imho. if your not a "fiddler" and want a reliable car that you can drive and forget about then the the tt swap is the way, pay someone els to do it forget about it and enjoy the car. if your more into being hands on with the car you can do a basic na-t and spend your time developing on it . like homer said if you want to through money at it why buy a 2grand engine to rip the guts out of and replace when you can buy an engine that every bit as robust with just as much power making capabilities for pennies , never made sence to me

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

Guest marlowssupra

really cant go more money wont go that far .. could move back to mums and put all my money into the car :) but growing up now so house 1st car 2nd :(