The mkiv Supra Owners Club

unusual turbo location

dr_jekyll

Petrol and brake lines seem to do ok though

They don't hang down the back of the car like that. One bad pothole would spell the end of that system IMO, especially on a Porsche that is known to squat on WOT.

The biggest advantage I can see, other than for packaging, is the lack of a complicated (and usually expensive) turbo-exhaust manifold.

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

They don't hang down the back of the car like that. One bad pothole would spell the end of that system IMO, especially on a Porsche that is known to squat on WOT.

The biggest advantage I can see, other than for packaging, is the lack of a complicated (and usually expensive) turbo-exhaust manifold.

Then you would make sure they are clipped up out of the way.

thers alot of pipe on my na-t id say atleast 8 ft plus an itercooler. by the time you remove the cooler id say the total internal area will be pretty similar . iv;e been reading alot about area ratios ect since this thaught first enterd my mind and with small compensations hear and t6here i see no reason why this cant be a good way of doing things. and looking at the reults some of the holdens and vetts have had it looks to work well .