The mkiv Supra Owners Club

na-t insurance

welshbuddy

hey guys, well iv been blabbling on about going NA-T for ages!, and hopefully it will be happening soon :p excited much!?

well i just been looking on confused , put in all the details, put turbocharging as one of the modifications that had been altered to the car, guess what, no-one would insure me!,

I don't really want to phone and ask how much admiral would charge extra for me having a turbo, it was only £60 more for my body kit + alloys+ exhaust, im thinking.

If i phone up and then talk about it but then go along and get it " turbofied" and crash :(, first thing they will check is that!

How have you guys that have modified engine parts and so on dealed with altering insurance,:blink:

cheers, daz

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Not the conversation to have with your insurer..! Will definitely be giving sky a ring.. The fact they have a rep on the forums actively answering questions is a tick in the box in my book!

Thanks, that's good to know. I think having an forum presence works to our favour and to our detriment, but on a whole I think most members see it is a positive. Some still think we are here to catch them out though!

Cheers and have good weekends

Ollie

Thanks, that's good to know. I think having an forum presence works to our favour and to our detriment, but on a whole I think most members see it is a positive. Some still think we are here to catch them out though!

Cheers and have good weekends

Ollie

It's defo a good thing that your on here I'm looking to get the supra back on the road if work don't send me to Lossiemouth :-(

Are you competitive with BMW's was well? (Price and cover wise)

Ollie

To be honest, Another reason I use Sky IS because of your forum presence.

Nice to know there is a insurance company out there that is familiar with modified cars and doesn't think we're a scourge on society.

To be honest, Another reason I use Sky IS because of your forum presence.

Nice to know there is a insurance company out there that is familiar with modified cars and doesn't think we're a scourge on society.

yeah your right when you tell people you have a supra they expect some 17 year old on the dole when actually I'm 19 and on the dole, (jokes I have a real job two in fact)

it's just awful when they charge £700 year kept in garage n don't even do 5000miles a year :-(