The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So how long have your turbos lasted?

Lbm

Mileage isn't a true representation of reliability though it it? My car has done 58K miles and i got it with 56K on it. In the time I have had it it's been on boost (2nd turbo) about 15 times. Most of the the time I am pottering about round town looking the shizz..!!

If a car has done 300K miles it's been on the motorway and off boost most of it's life.

H.

True. My engine lives on boost, though... Hee hee!

Mileage isn't a true representation of reliability though it it? My car has done 58K miles and i got it with 56K on it. In the time I have had it it's been on boost (2nd turbo) about 15 times. Most of the the time I am pottering about round town looking the shizz..!!

If a car has done 300K miles it's been on the motorway and off boost most of it's life.

H.

I agree with this Paul. It's just to an extent it will be the same for everyone. So mileage therefore is an indicator :)

Well, it bl**dy is in my book! :D

As far as i know mine are Jspec, although they feel they give more punch than they should, when i picked it up Jurgan said it feels quick for a jap TT (before boost controler etc)

But about 87900 miles going loverly, no problems i bomb it most days on the bypass going home from work about 1.2ish bar (depending on weather) for 2 miles :)

I read something the other day that said over 90% of all cars imported from Japan have been clocked anyway, and due to them not having any rust we can't really tell the mileage. So a low mileage supra may have done far more miles than you think anyway.

That cant be to easy can it being digital millage (pre facelift)? Athough it is japan, those crazy japs can do anything lol