The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Stall Torque Converters ......again

Justin

Cheers Paul.

Sounds a worthwhile mod.

Any recommendations where to purchase one from then?

Id probably go for a relatively 'mild' one, like 3000rpm stall or 3200 at most.

Also whats the best trasmission cooler? Would one extra cooler suffice?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Paul.

Sounds a worthwhile mod.

Any recommendations where to purchase one from then?

Id probably go for a relatively 'mild' one, like 3000rpm stall or 3200 at most.

Also whats the best trasmission cooler? Would one extra cooler suffice?

i got mine from Boostlogic via MVP its a Precision Industries, i think a 3000 stall would be a special whereas a 3200 rpm is a standard stall, you need to match the stall to where your turbo makes boost so a T67 would use maybe a 3800 stall for example, i find the 3200rpm spot on for the T61 and drives nice pulling away from rest at 1700 - 1800 rpm so you dont look a tool reving the a**e off it, fuel consumption does suffer a tad, if you are keeping the stock rad i would fit another cooler in line with that, if your changing the rad dont bother with the fluidyne coolers as they aren't that good, go for a similar size Mocal x2 or use one big one if you have the room, if your not using the stock rad you will need a cooling fan on at least one of the coolers or you will cook the box whilst sat in traffic, remember a cool box is a happy box :D

Chees mate.

So can i just clear somthing, what is the technique in using these stalls?

Its not just a case of flooring it and letting the stall do the work? Or do you have to build the revs to a certain point etc?:blink:

Chees mate.

So can i just clear somthing, what is the technique in using these stalls?

Its not just a case of flooring it and letting the stall do the work? Or do you have to build the revs to a certain point etc?:blink:

you can do both depending on how severe a spanking you want to hand out :D, for a medium spanking from a standing start if you floor it the car will hit the stall speed pretty quick and accelerate away, for a severe spanking at the traffic light drag strip :D you hold the brake hard and build the revs (dont do this for long or you will cook the box) up to the point where the car is making boost, lights change, foot off brake and mash the throttle, the only problem with this is the car will then let you know how good your back tyres are and if you haven't got RLTC how good a driver you are :D

Sweet, cheers Paul.

So would you say its made a big difference over standard stall?

definately, when i had the stock stall with the T61 the car had become a bit laggy, with the high stall its like being able to slip the clutch in a manual

Only thing is, is it a worthwhile mod for a full BPU with cams etc?

Could someone please direct me to proven retailer of these. I see alot of the companies are American that sell alot of these kits. Best to buy abroad?

Paul you mentioned MVP? Appologies for my ignorance but where can one find them?

Only thing is, is it a worthwhile mod for a full BPU with cams etc?

Could someone please direct me to proven retailer of these. I see alot of the companies are American that sell alot of these kits. Best to buy abroad?

yes i think a 3200 stall would still be a worthwhile mod on bpu particularly if you have a more aggresive cam, as America is the home of the auto yes that is the best place to get a T/C from, i have a friend at work who is into all things American cars and he was impressed when i told him i had a PI (precision industries) torque converter as they are a good make