The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Induction headlamps.....

Suprash

This has also been a keen interest of mine too Noz, on my list of to do's since i bought the car.....

These latest items you've found are more along the lines of what I had in my mind of what i wanted. One of my mates had an R32 GTR and he had a direct replacement induction vent which was just like one of these, not an actual lamp with a hole cut through it or anything, looks much better IMO. Have been seriously considering finding out costs to have one made bespoke like. There's a carbon fibre moulders/manufacturers about 5 miles away from me but I know that would cost an absolute fortune to do so was just thinkin of settling for regular fibreglass..... but now i've seen these one's! Good find :)

Would they really make that much difference?

Definitely. Pulling in ram charged cold air makes the turbos job a bit easier, much better than muddy hot air from the engine bay anyway. If you remove the filter (serious drag racing) then you can mate it right up with the forced front and get even more from it.

For your average joe it probably won't make that much of a difference though.

Definitely. Pulling in ram charged cold air makes the turbos job a bit easier, much better than muddy hot air from the engine bay anyway. If you remove the filter (serious drag racing) then you can mate it right up with the forced front and get even more from it.

For your average joe it probably won't make that much of a difference though.

Cool. On mine on sunny days i take the cover from the underside of my vent, Its directly above the air filter

Did you travel up past loch lomond etc for a run? Up that way is absolutely stunning. You can then take your pick over which direction you want to go in as either way is beautiful. I usually head for Oban :D

TBH we have stayed quite local only going 50 miles either way, but we may be going for a proper drive tomorrow, maybe up to Edinburgh.

• 3 months later...
True, but I really like these headlamps, the're out there, I just need to find a way to track one down ;)

Failing that, there are these, where can I one of these ?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=38892&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1281516896

Miguel on the forum used to have one, and I know Dude had one on his old silver car many moons ago.

Bit of a resurrection. I produced a limited run of 20 headlight intakes back in the Vortex Power days to see how they would sell, very slowly as it turned out. I believe there was talk of some plagiarist copies being made available by a UK trader, so it might be worth having a chat with them. Failing that, there might be a very slim chance that I could locate the tooling or have one sitting spare.

• 3 weeks later...