The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why didn't i get a silver one

bullet_uk

Silver is probably the one colour on a Supra I would never buy, it's just too common :D I just see so many Fords, Vauxhalls, Citroens etc in silver. You rarely see say a silver Ferrari, Lambo or a Porsche as they're special cars. My Supra is black and I love it, if I had another choice it would be white. But a modified silver Supra does look great, but in stock I just think it blends in with the usual run of the mill cars out there.

You did not just say that! :shock:

But you can get Fiat Punto's in orange, does that make it a special car?

Loads of run of the mill Fiat's, Ford's, BMW's come in Black too ;)

Like I said on wednesday mate, mines up for sale.... I will even do you a good price!

gaz i would give my rite arm for yours but i would get for mine what you want for yours and i haven't got the extra cash at the moment (and what you want for yours is a good price anyway so id be well happy if you where going to do me a better one lol ) and this is all your fault seeing yours and rickys has made me want one

gaz i would give my rite arm for yours but i would get for mine what you want for yours and i haven't got the extra cash at the moment (and what you want for yours is a good price anyway so id be well happy if you where going to do me a better one lol ) and this is all your fault seeing yours and rickys has made me want one

Cheers dude, it would of been good to keep it in the local area! Silver does look the nuts on a good car mate, but yours is great as well mate

I don't know why but I guess silver is the original supra colour as is red for a ferrari.

I think it's also prob down to the original advertising, as a kid I remember every pic of a supra always being silver.

Someone told me that more than 50% of supras ever made were silver, which is why there so common and that when Toyota first launched the supra they only produced silver ones to begin with?

I'm sure I've read they launched with multiple colour choices?

It's always down to personal choice but silver is always going to be my choice colour, i still love mine even after 7 years if ownership ;-)

Guest Andy Bird
Mine used to be silver, thing that annoyed me most was the rear bumper never matched the silver around the rest of the car. Since going black I have no regrets.

thats the only think i dont like about mine!