The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I crashed my supra TT6 today

richarde7927

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the help , ill see if i can get a van from work which im sure will not be a problem and ill blast up there on sat and get them picked up . Rich.

If you can let me know a few days beforehand I can make sure the bodyshop are aware your collecting from them, OR I can get em back to my house.. :D

I now have everything i think i need the only extra thing i may need now is a front panel if i cannot save the old one ,But someone on netty has a new one they are selling , so i think i have this in the bag now . The headlamps are being posted on sat ,im picking the bonnet and bumper up from hull on sat morning and i have a member from the forum dropping a ali cross member off to me on sat afternoon. ill start repairing the car next friday as i have booked the day off to get it on the jig and do all the panel work . Ill get loads of pictures every step of the way so you can all see how im getting on .

Thank you for all your help

Rich.

What's the saying? :eyebrows:

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining?

If I wanted to speak to an arsehole I'd bend over?

Etc etc.

H.

Well I spoke the truth didn't I! :eyebrows:

I'm sure many people thought exactly that, I was the only one who had the nerve to say it. :eyebrows:

I wouldn't have said one word if he'd admitted some responsibility.

Edited by merckx (see edit history)

Well I spoke the truth didn't I! :eyebrows:

I'm sure many people thought exactly that, I was the only one who had the nerve to say it. :eyebrows:

I wouldn't have said one word if he'd admitted some responsibility.

At what point in any of my posts bit i not admitted some responsibility , Of course it was my fault i was driving ,I was just stating that the cheap tyres were shit and that did not help .What is the point you are trying to make ?

Rich.

Ok im going to turn this into a sort of project thread , but there will just be pictures along the way of the repairs to the supra im sure some people will find it interesting .

1st off some other pictures just after a smashed it :

Now for the damge to the wheels :

I have stripped out the front end now just to make sure i have got or have got on order all the parts i need :

Rich.

Ok well i took the side skirts off today so i could get the sill clamps on and got the supra on the jig

I had to give it a right good pull to the right and down as you look at the picture ,i had to move the chassis legs about 3 inch in the end to get bonnet gaps again .but it came out real nice in the end .

The front bolt on part of the front panel is well twisted up and i have ordered a new one from toyota and i need to get a new indiator / side light lamp as one is smashed but they are not standard ones so i need to find out where i can get one or a pair from but i have everything now / its on order apart from that lamp so i should have all the panel work done for the end of the week .

Rich.