The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone know where to get Temporary (1 month) insurance

DodgyRog

Just wondered if anyone knows of anyone that will do 1 month insurance on an N/A Auto, I will only need it for say a month, as I will be selling it

I Googled it and no one seems to do short term cover for cars over 10 years old or Imports.

I did manage to get one quote, but it was £250, which is a total joke for 28 days cover

I would like to be legal if I need to drive it anywhere and obviously it will be easier to sell if it can be test driven by me if the buyer doesn't have cover

Thanks, but I tried both of those and from memory one didn't cover, no reason given and the other was the £250 for 28 days

I would not have any No Claims to go on the policy, only because I will be driving my own Supe all the time, as I said I only want the cover to stay legal just in case I need to drive it, can't see why it's so hard, other than the fact the robbing insurance company want to make money hand over foot

No wonder why so my people drive without insurance, not that I plan to or condone it, but what am I supposed to do, just pay out £250 to drive 5-10 mile maybe

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
Is that correct, you get 14 days to cancel with no admin fees or anything

Slightly correct. They can charge an Admin fee (can range from £40-£80 depending on insurer) and can take a reasonable charge for your time "on risk".

E.g. you cancel 10 days into the 14days.

Slightly correct. They can charge an Admin fee (can range from £40-£80 depending on insurer) and can take a reasonable charge for your time "on risk".

E.g. you cancel 10 days into the 14days.

I cancelled 13 days into my insurance and never paid a penny, you are legally allowed to cancel your policy within 14 days without any charges and receive a refund in full. Well for every insurance company I have ever used that has been the case.

• 1 month later...

Well thanks for bringing it up again, because I now have the same question although I'm looking to get insurance cover on a Supra I don't own for a few days.

I don't think I'd be able to try the annual insurance approach as I don't own the car...will look into it but would prefer to just pay for temp cover, the problem being that I've not found any company that will do it for has a NA Supra Import as an option.

I've tried a number of temp insurance websites including the ones above.

Anyone got any ideas as I'm about to give up and make other arrangments.

Guest Budz86

Just another point to bear in mind - you won't be able to take out temp insurance if the car is covered by an existing policy. Check with the current owner before you do

• 3 weeks later...

Guys i need you help badly. A friend of mine is in UK now in seach for a supra, he found it but no insurance want to cover him. The site i make insurance when i buy mine was tempcover.com now can`t do it becouse they not cover a vehicle this old. If u have any ideea of any site that can make a cover at least for 1 day pls tell me. He is from Romania and have Full EU driver licence and is not a UK resident. Thanks for help.