The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Valet Products

Jellybean

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Autoglym products as excellent as SRP is , it is a bitch to get off; fed up trying to remove it by hand

Ive had the car AUTOGLYM lifeshine'd by a friend at Audi in their shop about 3 weeks ago inside and out and was V impressed, He has given me a few boxes of it but ive heard that you can now only use AUTOGLYM products on it, is that right?

Up here for a decent detail your talking around £300 Carlo, I use Navi Wax on my car, it's imported from japan so not many people no about it but it's best stuff I have ever used by far, and iv used plenty of waxes working in the body shop, another thing are you doing this in a garage? Because if the weather up our end is anything to go by there's no chance Id be standing out washing the car this time of year lol

Detailer is 345

345 + vat at 13.5% sneaky buggers !

Which is 391.57 euros.

Plus if you get any of the better waxes used

Swissvax Shield

An innovative wax blended with PTFE (Teflon). This is a very durable wax, ideal for daily drivers & cars which are not kept in garages. Shield offers outstanding protection to your new paint finish.

This wax adds €25 to your treatment.

Swissvax Best of Show

Contains 51% Grade One Carnauba. Offers outstanding gloss on paintwork types. Recommended for show cars, or enthusiasts interest in the maximum gloss. This is an award winning wax.

This wax adds €50 to your treatment.

Swissvax Crystal Rock

The ultimate in wax protection. Contains 76% Grade One Carnauba. The highest percentage of carnuaba in the world. Outstanding gloss, coupled with unrivaled protection.

This wax adds €75 to your treatment.

Edited by supramkivcork (see edit history)

Up here for a decent detail your talking around £300 Carlo, I use Navi Wax on my car, it's imported from japan so not many people no about it but it's best stuff I have ever used by far, and iv used plenty of waxes working in the body shop, another thing are you doing this in a garage? Because if the weather up our end is anything to go by there's no chance Id be standing out washing the car this time of year lol

Have not touched her since november or driven her , she is back on the road next week. Road tax down here is a bitch, heading out to ian on sunday next to am open day. It is a bitch not doing it outside alright

youll find detailers quite friendly , ive passed on a lot of work to fellow pros if i cant do it myself , lots of cars out there lifes to short to bitch over a job , thats the way i look at it anyway.

as for the finish guys its all in the prep if thats not done properly your wasting your time and money putting on an expensive wax .

try a company called duragloss , spot on simple to use great sealant , you can put what you like on top of it for that extra bling but thats all it is tbh guys DODO also id recommend

Edited by peter richards (see edit history)

Adds up doesn't it mark, ian is having an open day next sunday, andy from detailer will be there . Will have a chat with ian see what I can afford ha ha surprised andy is there, taught they are competitors

They are I guess but I guess it's good to get advice from others who are at the top of the game regarding certain products especially when some of them are so dear. Few of the waxes Ian has are very very expensive.

He used the valentines concours carnuba wax on mine(which is one of the cheaper waxes in his stock, cheapest is Autoglym HD as far as I know).

I drove it from Dublin to Cork in rain so heavy the wipers on fastest setting was barely clearing it. When I got up the next morning to look at the car it was near perfect the glass was dirty but the bodywork was as it left. Couldn't get it over it.

http://www.valentineswax.com/valentines-carnauba-wax-detailing-products.htm#concours%20carnauba