The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Valet Products

Jellybean

Best way would be a correction i would have thought mate, SRP just contains lots of fillers and wont actually remove the swirls.

Black hole is pretty good i use it alot on the LCR but again, its a filler rather than a proper swirl remover, but im not a pro detailer by any means. not sure on Supra paints but the VAG stuff on the LCR is very tough so depends of the paint i guess.

I use PB Black hole with a DAS6 Pro, then usually Mirror shine or EZ creme glaze then depending on the mood either Nattys paste wax or Blue Velvet.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best way would be a correction i would have thought mate, SRP just contains lots of fillers and wont actually remove the swirls.

Black hole is pretty good i use it alot on the LCR but again, its a filler rather than a proper swirl remover, but im not a pro detailer by any means. not sure on Supra paints but the VAG stuff on the LCR is very tough so depends of the paint i guess.

I use PB Black hole with a DAS6 Pro, then usually Mirror shine or EZ creme glaze then depending on the mood either Nattys paste wax or Blue Velvet.

I plan on getting a detail this summer but was under the impression the SRP with a sealant or wax would retain its effect :( maybe I am expecting too much

Just dont want to waste my money on other products if they are not up to my expectation and what I really need is a detail

No idea mate, I would speak to the Detailer on here, from what i have read it should be polish, seal/glaze then a wax on top. Have found that black hole alone only lasts a few days, but even with a wax its usually only a few months for me. Depends on how you wash it as well i guess as alot of the car shampoo's if you get the mix too strong will strip the waxes off the car, again tho depends on what you use.

For washing I use CG extreme wash and wax and found if i use too much the car seems to dull.

Neverending cycle of trial and error i guess!

No idea mate, I would speak to the Detailer on here, from what i have read it should be polish, seal/glaze then a wax on top. Have found that black hole alone only lasts a few days, but even with a wax its usually only a few months for me. Depends on how you wash it as well i guess as alot of the car shampoo's if you get the mix too strong will strip the waxes off the car, again tho depends on what you use.

For washing I use CG extreme wash and wax and found if i use too much the car seems to dull.

Neverending cycle of trial and error i guess!

I use

Power wash (cold Water)

Autoglym Car body shampoo only (two bucket method)

Power wash (cold Water)

Hand Dry

SRP

Vics concours

Taught it would of done the trick

Blackhole lasts ages on my car, provided its protected. I do about 300miles a week in my commuter, usually a rinse is enough to get her looking all shiney again. Be carefull of your shampoo choice incase its stripping the wax coat... Or use a wax you can multi layer, thatd probably help with longevity

Guest samsalter

i have used meguirs swirl x on my black ZR and that came up really good.

it gets rid of all the swirly marks that show when the sun is on it and make the paint work look newer :)

Guest civictyper2004

I tend to use a TFR\Snowfoam first, cant remember what brand i got. Autoglym Shampoo then Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine (the one with the black label) followed by the AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection.

Cant fault the shine off that, the results on my Prelude were amazing when i did it a few months ago. I did use a fine claybar on it before hand too - wouldnt claybar every wash though, maybe once a year if necessary.

Have got some pics somewhere if anyone is bothered?

I tend to use a TFR\Snowfoam first, cant remember what brand i got. Autoglym Shampoo then Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine (the one with the black label) followed by the AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection.

Cant fault the shine off that, the results on my Prelude were amazing when i did it a few months ago. I did use a fine claybar on it before hand too - wouldnt claybar every wash though, maybe once a year if necessary.

Have got some pics somewhere if anyone is bothered?

Was thinikng of this combo , maybe it is the bonding using vic concours (non autoglym product); what was the durability like?

Ive still got most of ultra deep shine left in the bottle, stuffs a pain in the a*** to remove and if I remember rightly it leaves residue/dust everywhere. Dunno how many erasers I used getting it off the trim!

+1 on the tfr/foam and not claying too often... Bout 2or3 times a year for me.

Guest civictyper2004
Was thinikng of this combo , maybe it is the bonding using vic concours (non autoglym product); what was the durability like?

It seems pretty good to me, im not a pro or anything but even after just a quick wash down\dry a week later it seems to retain 99% of the shine it had the week before. Seems pretty durable even in all the salt etc. too at winter time.

Guest civictyper2004
Ive still got most of ultra deep shine left in the bottle, stuffs a pain in the a*** to remove and if I remember rightly it leaves residue/dust everywhere. Dunno how many erasers I used getting it off the trim!

+1 on the tfr/foam and not claying too often... Bout 2or3 times a year for me.

I got on OK with it, to be fair tho i didnt really have any plastic trim to speak of so i didnt have to go around removing it... megs vynil and rubber care stuff is good at getting that out though with minimum fuss.

Snowfoam and Lance was one of the best things ive bought tbh, makes cleaning so much easier in the long run... works well getting grubbyness off alloys too.

Reason I am looking for new products is I use Auto Glym SRP(Super Resin Polish) and Vics Concours but once I wash the car the Swirls return. To get the result I want I have to do SRP and LSP each time I wash the Car (weekly) :(

I am hoping it is the LSP(Vics Concours) not bonding to the SRP

Anybody have any suggestions, was thinking PB Black Hole and CG Black Light . Maybe the SRP is too oily for the LSP to bond or I am not allowing the SRP to Cure Long enough, cure time is about 5 mins. Afraid it will rain

You don't leave SRP to 'cure', it isn't a wax or a glaze, you use it to polish (preferably by machine polisher) then remove any residue immediately. For polishing technique have a look at some of the FAQ's on detailingworld. SRP will remove some swirls as it has abrasives, but the likes of PB's Black Hole doesn't have any abrasives so wont remove any swirls, just hide them.

As far as the wax is concerned Vics Concours isn't renowned for it's durability, it's more of a show wax, which you can see by it's texture as it is very soft and paste like.

If you apply SRP properly then put on 3 coats of a harder wax, like Dodo Supernatural (My fav so far) or FK1000p, I think you'd be much happier with the results.

The stock black Supra paint is amazingly soft and it doesn't help that it's 2 stage so there's no full clearcoat to protect it, so it's very important to have a good wash technique, soft wash mitt, and shampoo that is wax friendly (like Dodo Born to be Mild).

It should be lasting longer than a week anyway. I put 9 layers on my sideskirt pods before I put them onto the car, granted that held up quite well. I'd start with getting the most out of SRP though, it is a good product, just read up on how best to apply each product as well as which product gets the best reviews.

I'm going to move away from products with fillers it in personally though, and try and just correct the paint as best I can with a good polishing then just keep adding layers of wax until I can't be bothered anymore.