The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Use your Supra everyday?

Guest BUG4LIFE

Do you keep a little black book for when they let you loose again with the big button?

Nah. It's just a print out of one persons avatar with a big X drawn on it.

Anyhoo....back on topic. As a daily driver the Supra can get a surprising amount of shopping in it. Those rear seats did serve a purpose after all.

Anyhoo....back on topic. As a daily driver the Supra can get a surprising amount of shopping in it. Those rear seats did serve a purpose after all.

Get rid of the rear seats and you can fire heaps more in it :)

I'm not an everyday driving fella, however i did drive it everyday for a good 18months before getting a daily

Over the years, i've found them suprisingly practical. I've fitted a full set of 18" UK spec wheels and tyres in one, with a passenger in the front too.

I also went on a 2 week sojourn around europe, and it carried 2 peoples luggage with ease. That was in a UK spec.

Both of the above were in a UK spec, which has a shallower boot than the imports do.

Guest BUG4LIFE
Correct... when it was 59p a litre.

Is a Supra any different to an M3, Evo, Impreza or Monaro in this area though - all cars I would certianly use as my daily ride [unless I was doing big big miles].

Funny enough, I did in fact see a Mk4 Supra in Tesco carpark last night :)

Is a Supra any different to an M3, Evo, Impreza or Monaro in this area though - all cars I would certianly use as my daily ride [unless I was doing big big miles].

Funny enough, I did in fact see a Mk4 Supra in Tesco carpark last night :)

Can't comment on the M3 or the Monaro but a Supra will use a fair bit less fuel than an Evo or an Impreza. Those cars are SERIOUSLY thirsty. I didn't get above 20mpg even when taking it easy.

Over the years, i've found them suprisingly practical. I've fitted a full set of 18" UK spec wheels and tyres in one, with a passenger in the front too.

I also went on a 2 week sojourn around europe, and it carried 2 peoples luggage with ease. That was in a UK spec.

Both of the above were in a UK spec, which has a shallower boot than the imports do.

I've had a kitchen extractor fan and sink / drainer both still inside their cardboard boxes in mine at the same time. They just fit, which was a bloody good job as the minute I pushed the trolley out of B&Q they locked the door behind me, and I'd picked a day when my girlfriend and parents were both away on holiday, so no one with a more sensible car could have come to my aid.

I think they best one was carrying a 6' picket fence panel home with one of the pointy upright bits poking me in the neck all the way.

And, yes, mine is a daily drive and has been for the last nine years. :)

I've done 625 miles since this question was last asked. :)

Although I think I typed the wrong price into my sat-nav last time i filled up as apparently I've used nearly £8,000 worth of fuel in that time.

I've done 7 lol.

Clearly it should be around 80,000 :D