The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whos really the best to insure your single with?

wallis

Only one I could get a good price from with any agreement on the value of the car was Adrian Flux. I'm paying just shy of £700 @ 27 years old, max NC bonus. I'm hoping it will drop this year ;)

They were good on the phone and knew what I was talking about when I told them it was a single turbo etc. I'd shop around though!

Good luck tomorrow :)

I'm with Sky and I'm paying £800 for my single which isn't the best but also I don't think its that bad as my renewal for the BPU supra was £774 from last years quote of £446.

Insurance has just gone mental this last year but unfortunately we have to have it, I tried looking into traders licence but they were on about having evidence of trading in the event of a claim.

• 2 weeks later...
i think i need to shop around sky are charging me £1008 fully comp im 27 full no claims and its kept in a secure alarmed workshop 24/7.:tongue:

is everybody declaring all mods or just the important ones:blink:

Best bet is to declare everything if you are going fully comp , a friend of mine had accident with his r33gtr he went up the back of someone they changed details and he managed to drive it home he only declared half the mods and that next day the insurance came and picked the car up he managed to take his defi gauges out etc that previous night but big brake kit ,carbon bonnet, coilovers all went with the car as he did not have stock ones to fit nor would he of had the time to if he did, anyway after a few days they said it’s a right off and this is what we are giving you for it and have settled with the 3rd party etc and he said I want my car back they came back with its our car we don’t allow you to buy it back of us you will have to bid for it on some auction site !.

Only one I could get a good price from with any agreement on the value of the car was Adrian Flux. I'm paying just shy of £700 @ 27 years old, max NC bonus. I'm hoping it will drop this year ;)

They were good on the phone and knew what I was talking about when I told them it was a single turbo etc. I'd shop around though!

Good luck tomorrow :)

You will be lucky! insurance premiums have gone up 30% across the board.

Best bet is to declare everything if you are going fully comp , a friend of mine had accident with his r33gtr he went up the back of someone they changed details and he managed to drive it home he only declared half the mods and that next day the insurance came and picked the car up he managed to take his defi gauges out etc that previous night but big brake kit ,carbon bonnet, coilovers all went with the car as he did not have stock ones to fit nor would he of had the time to if he did, anyway after a few days they said it’s a right off and this is what we are giving you for it and have settled with the 3rd party etc and he said I want my car back they came back with its our car we don’t allow you to buy it back of us you will have to bid for it on some auction site !.

i do declare every single mod thats why im asking if other members do as i cant understand how people are geting it so cheap.

i live in a good area

dont use it for cummuting to work

i cover less than 3000 miles a year

in a secure lock up and alarmed 24/7

i do declare every single mod thats why im asking if other members do as i cant understand how people are geting it so cheap.

i live in a good area

dont use it for cummuting to work

i cover less than 3000 miles a year

in a secure lock up and alarmed 24/7

I'm really curious about this also. I always declare all mods but the lift for my new car is going to be pretty crazy.

Also how do you go about getting an agreed evaluation?

Have any of you just insured the car for 6 months?

You will be lucky! insurance premiums have gone up 30% across the board.

Without meaning to sound cocky I must be a lucky guy then! I got my renewal notice through yesterday and it's dropped £20.

I'm still going to ring around again as I've always managed to knock a fair chunk off simply by doing this but I think I'm pushing my luck this time.

Without meaning to sound cocky I must be a lucky guy then! I got my renewal notice through yesterday and it's dropped £20.

I'm still going to ring around again as I've always managed to knock a fair chunk off simply by doing this but I think I'm pushing my luck this time.

Hmm Adrian Flux..... I'm with Sky at the moment and will be going single this year ... lets hope Sky do us proud :D

I ended up going with a broker called performance modified, all mods declared for my single and the list was as long as my arm!

I shopped around everywhere I'm 32 with 12 years ncb, a clean licence and owned the car for seven years and live in a good post code area with the car garaged.

The car insured for an agreed like for like value of 13k with no claims protection and all the trimmings like courtesy car etc for £710 limited to 3000 miles a year.

It's nor as cheap as I would of liked but that's life!