The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help needed - car not starting

Parry_10

Are you bypassing the pump ECU completely?

NA and TT fuel pump ECU's are completely different looks wise, however my car worked fine with either installed (TT car with an NA engine!), so I'm not sure that could be the issue. Certainly others have run their NA-TT's with the NA pump ECU so only wanted to mention it for troubleshooting purposes.

I know with my walbro I could be sat in my drivers seat and hear the pump buzz when i turned the igniton on for the brief second or two that it primed.. Can you not hear this at all? Surely if the pump isn't working you shouldn't be hearing fuel at the rail?

When the car died did it physically just stop or did it cough a bit then stop, like it ran out of fuel? (or the pump stopped)

Have you tried cracking a bolt off the fuel rail to see if you have fuel there?

Yeh i had a walboro on my skyline and i could easily hear that from the drivers seat i cant hear anything from it what so ever, it didnt cough or splutter just died and wouldnt fire up again then it did fire up ten mins later for few secs then died and since then its not firing up what so ever, havent tried taking the bolt off if there isnt fuel there what could it be? Although im sure i could hear fuel through the rail unless its an intermitent problem:/

Yeh it sounded fine and at that point ryanG was here aswell and said it sounded great just my luck 5 mins after he left it just cut out:( then i went to get fuel filled it up with a jerry can and it started perfect again and died few mins later and now it just wont start what so ever