The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash Bulb Out

Josh

If you take the old bulb out of the holder (it is possible - i've done it) you can get some bulbs of an appropriate size from Maplin. They have long tails so you just poke them through the holes in the plastic holder and then wrap the tails around a couple of times. If you try it I'm sure you'll figure it out! ;)

You can't just do that unless you get bulbs with a built in resistor.

The speedo unit has 3x T10 bulbs and 1x T5 (Superflux), which are readily available on eBay.

The ignition takes 1x T5.

The AC control unit is a different story and you either need toyota replacements or go blue/red by following hecklers LED conversion guide

You can't just do that unless you get bulbs with a built in resistor.

The speedo unit has 3x T10 bulbs and 1x T5 (Superflux), which are readily available on eBay.

The ignition takes 1x T5.

The AC control unit is a different story and you either need toyota replacements or go blue/red by following hecklers LED conversion guide

My post didn't show the quote - I was answering Supranature's post at the top of the page:

'Steve, all of mine need replacing bud, not the LED ones, just the ones that show airflow direction, I'm guessing about 12.

Actually, this is probably a loose connection inside, as I find it highly unlikely that they would all go either simultaneously or at random.

How many have you got, I would like to pay for them should they be needed.

Sorry for thread hijack Josh!'

My post didn't show the quote - I was answering Supranature's post at the top of the page:

'Steve, all of mine need replacing bud, not the LED ones, just the ones that show airflow direction, I'm guessing about 12.

Actually, this is probably a loose connection inside, as I find it highly unlikely that they would all go either simultaneously or at random.

How many have you got, I would like to pay for them should they be needed.

Sorry for thread hijack Josh!'

send a picture, and no need to say sorry for the Hi-Jack josh is sorted so its all fair game :)

Are the old ones re-usable? After white Bulbs or LEDS

yes you could use the bulb holders behind the dash again basically they are just sidelights with green dildo's on :D

The link to the instruction dont work...

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/led_guide/led.htm

use this link to sort the bulbs

Edited by supra steveo (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorting out my dash lights also - is it possible to replace the normal small sidelight bulbs, with the long prongs and green sheath thing with LEDs?

The bulbs on mine blew, but not the orange LEDs, so I just want to swap out the dead bulbs for something better. Im not sure if theres a certain voltage.. ampage or whatever that should be used (electrical newb).

Sorting out my dash lights also - is it possible to replace the normal small sidelight bulbs, with the long prongs and green sheath thing with LEDs?

The bulbs on mine blew, but not the orange LEDs, so I just want to swap out the dead bulbs for something better. Im not sure if theres a certain voltage.. ampage or whatever that should be used (electrical newb).

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/led_guide/led.htm

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got EbaY led'S for the Dials, they lasted two weeks. I need to get the MOT and want to just put in Osrams

Will these do? OSRAM Cool Blue Intense W5W ; How many do I need for the Dash Dial Cluster (REV, Speedo, Gas & Temp)

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/cool-blue-intense-w5w-twin

I want to get Heckler to trick it out with LED's eventually but I just dont have the Cash at the moment, new tyres , service etc needed too

Something cheap and cheeful to get me through the MOT