The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1JZ-GTE 2.5TT Engine - ECU - LOOM, all to fit into MKIV

little num

Guest Andy Bird
LOL he has his wires crossed, this kit came from a Lexus/toyota soarer so have the exact same sump + pump as a supra so no mods needed to fit.

Direct bolt in unit.

soooooo are you up for making some money if i paid you to either write a how too with wiring diagrams andlist of parts.etc?

Guest Andy Bird

My plan is to fit fmic to car and fuel pump uprate to a walbro to be safe. Basically pull the na lump on a friday and have the 1jz in and all conected by the saturday night giving me a day to do.the wiring modifications required. Reckon it would.be possible.in two days maybe? How long did it take you?

My plan is to fit fmic to car and fuel pump uprate to a walbro to be safe. Basically pull the na lump on a friday and have the 1jz in and all conected by the saturday night giving me a day to do.the wiring modifications required. Reckon it would.be possible.in two days maybe? How long did it take you?

It's fairly straight forward, especially if you put engine with gearbox. It took me one day to take it off and drop other in and then another day combined to connect everything as it should be (except wiring). I do have paperwork prepared already for wiring, just need to find a day to connect all together.

Altough I need to warn you, that it would take a bit longer and more fiddly if you do it on a driveway. I'm fortunate enough to have my own workshop with lift and tools. Only parts you will need to exchange are: fuel pressure regulator bracket, power steering top container, 2 pipes from heater matrix to engine, engine mounts from 2JZ, accelerator line and in my case I had to replace gearbox linkage with 2JZ one (I was using original 1JZ auto box).

If you are fairly mechanically minded person, you should handle it no problem.

Fuel pump change is even simpler and you can do it seperate, so it will not distract you during engine swap.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?45647-How-to-change-a-Supra-fuel-pump.&p=2002718&viewfull=1#post2002718

Guest Andy Bird
It's fairly straight forward, especially if you put engine with gearbox. It took me one day to take it off and drop other in and then another day combined to connect everything as it should be (except wiring). I do have paperwork prepared already for wiring, just need to find a day to connect all together.

Altough I need to warn you, that it would take a bit longer and more fiddly if you do it on a driveway. I'm fortunate enough to have my own workshop with lift and tools. Only parts you will need to exchange are: fuel pressure regulator bracket, power steering top container, 2 pipes from heater matrix to engine, engine mounts from 2JZ, accelerator line and in my case I had to replace gearbox linkage with 2JZ one (I was using original 1JZ auto box).

If you are fairly mechanically minded person, you should handle it no problem.

Fuel pump change is even simpler and you can do it seperate, so it will not distract you during engine swap.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?45647-How-to-change-a-Supra-fuel-pump.&p=2002718&viewfull=1#post2002718

Ive got an engine hoist, compressor air tools etc and a master Technician as a brother so mechanical side of life is no problem!

just knowing what to change, what is where and how to do the wiring.

was going to fit the FMIC and Fuel pump in isolation so it is all ready to go. basically then have the 1jz in the garage with new clutch bolted up ready to go then attach 2jz box and put it back in the hole. all the freshening up on the new engine will have been done etc and the FMIC would be installed so should be failry straight forward.

does the prop and downpipe line up then?

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.