The mkiv Supra Owners Club

auto or manual

Guest jojones

WOW, I really wanted to buy the car in the 2nd ad - I hated everything about it but the ad was just putting ideas in my head, was like a really trippy dream

The best thing to do is to wait until a members car is up for sale. What you'll probably find is that the majority of Supras that arent owned by club members/enthusiasts, are rarely serviced properly. I guess this wont be so much of a problem with a N/A as it is with a TT.

You'd probably want to steer clear of a car that has been overly tarted-up with sub-standard aftermarket parts: cheapo induction kits, ill-fitting wheels with crap tyres, botched on exhausts, and bodykits made out of papier mache and expanding foam. If you really want a decent Supra it may be worth trying to find one in standard condition, because as of late I personally have seen some real dogs being hammered around by little oiks, who usually bolt on the cheapest tack available on the interweb

Godd luck with you search and be tough, try not to get all doe eyed when you finally test drive one

Oh heres some immortal words of wisdom someone said to me when i was and is the best way to think.... "A supra might have a Toyota badge and a bargain sports car buy but they have the running/repair costs of porsche" if u can take someone with you whos had one to look it over... if theres a knock on the back and they say thats normal with a big spoiler i.e a VS no its flipping not it means the suspension is fekkerd :p

porsche's are far worse :)

The first turbo is in use a lot more when you have the normal TT setup at those speeds, and so uses more fuel than a single turbo car until you put your foot down.

agree with your logic - however my single turbo in the city is more thirsty compared to when it was BPU.....not sure why as I drive like a granny in london :(