The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T88..........""maybe"" not

Bailey.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno what i am worried about, as said, once your flat out your not dropping out of boost when changing gear. add has put me straight today, so i say i will give it a go, and then in the future near or not, go for a whifbitz s366 kit, no more talk, i just want to get started now, paul get those dang pullies finished, lol

really think for another 250 rpm its a bit ott, a worthy addition with a built bottom end though!

You can prob push it a bit further but at what cost, BTW you should really be changing at 6750 and unless you have cams you will be losing power way before then.

I'm on a stroker now with a redline north of 9K, but my old setup was a stock bottom end with rod bolts and a built head (dual springs). The motor had around 85.000 KM on it before the bolts and head. An unknown amount of those KM was on a big single.

I have a fully built head and having a fully built bottom end and am going to limit revs to 8250.

8400 seems high for bolts and springs

It's all irrelevant anyway mate, as dude said you'll be changing gear before the limit anyway

that extra bit of power band would be nice though mate, but i would like my rods on the inside of my engine if possible, lol

I'm on a stroker now with a redline north of 9K, but my old setup was a stock bottom end with rod bolts and a built head (dual springs). The motor had around 85.000 KM on it before the bolts and head. An unknown amount of those KM was on a big single.

Sounds cool.start a thread because in doing a stroker build and It will be cool to get some tips

that extra bit of power band would be nice though mate, but i would like my rods on the inside of my engine if possible, lol

When the power drops off change gear for maximum acceleration mate.revving the engine past that point doesn't really make sense to me! You could change cams of course...

Agree,

But running a fairly large frame turbo that will sustain a positive boost/BP ratio past 7500 RPM, and NOT having cams to support it, that is pointless IMO. Inefficient in terms of power band.