The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS GT Exhaust Manifold 60MM Waste gate and BL 4" downpipe etc

StuartW

Hi All

Firstly i have a HKS GT T4 Flanged Manifold with the HKS Pro series 60mm Race Gate £1200 for both would rather not split, Also comes with a 2" or maybe 2.5" screamer pipe,

This fits/Clears on the stock Housings unlike so many that mean you have to remove some main Subframe components!!

SOLDT4 SP74mm Turbo in Great condition with polished compressor housing and a Nicely welded 90 degree elbow. £450

Boostlogic 4" Downpipe and mid pipe, I have cut the last V Band flange off but could get it welded back on £400 or deduct the price of the welding.

Cheers

Stuart

It,s Non BB Oil cooled

The Hotside A/R is .81

It has a 3/8 BSP hole tapped in the Hot snail for an EGT probe or i can supply a Blank for this.

It has a Purpose Cast 3/8 thread in the Compressor housing to take the Reference pipes.

The Air intake size is 4"

It was designed for road use or it would have had a bigger A/R on the Hotside

I will try to get some pics up if anyone needs them?

Cheers

Stu

No. as i say it was designed for a road car, I will pop home now pull log files and post up a Data log file, From memory it was on full boost by 4600 but that was with silly GSC Stage 2 Cams. Also i have only used it on Auto so hard to tell as the RPM's slip on the tranny.

Also i used it with a over specked 100mm throttle body and massive veilside plenum...all of which would only make it worse.

Have you seen this

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?233953-Quick-spool-valve-30-Power&p=2965756#post2965756

Give me half an hour to confirm what Rpm's it was on full boost.........

• 2 weeks later...

There is some interest with this now but just to answer a few PM's queries...

Although i have used it on the drag car, the thing that ruins turbo's is if the engine is not running well on tune, with the sloaris my blue car ran mint! Honestly the turbo is as good mechanically as the day it was new, if you think it has had meticulous oil changes with top grade oil,and absolutely no road dirt in it as car only used on dry select days. i always ran an air filter too. AEM dryflow. Ryan G can confirm the precise tune as he was with me most weekends.

The stock block engine it was bolted too is 100% good, leak off and compression tested A OK..actually better than when i fitted it from a 40K import.

i would sell it to my granny no worries.

i do not know its age but it has burnt precisely 0 oil past its seals in the 1 season its been on the car. my intercooler pipes are krystal clean, tell me any road car that has that!

No need to rebuild turbo as its mint, the non dbb ones are far more robust.

Pure stainless manifolds are not great as they crack because they are too hard a metal to take heat expansion/contraction. so the best manifolds are a mix of stainless and ferrous metals, HKS manifolds are one of the best on the market just look it up new for more details, also with a brand new one now they have re-designed the WG piping and its more awkward to fit (Have to remove suspension stay and do away with as its in the way!!!) so surface rust on the manifold is not an issue, and is only vey minor, it could be dusted off with a wire brush in 5 seconds, i wanted to keep the car together for ease of moving it for as long as possible.

The ebay manifolds work but they dont flow like an hks one, they also hairline crack causing boost creep etc.

As for price i could do something for the whole lot but these are the sort of parts that always hold the same flatline value, you could sell all parts in 2 years for same dollar. I have not pushed the sale as xmas etc and busy converting car transporter too!

another thought is i could offer to anyone my new T67DBB from white car and i could fit T74 to white car as i am going solaris with that.Going for more power on white car, The T67 was brand new from KylesTT i think it was about £1450 imported personally (No taxes added) all in, anyways i can offer that one if anyone wants the whole kit, i let the T67 go for £950 not a penny less, The one thing i do know is the going rate for top end parts as i have had to buy them myself,,but that would be a new depreciation sale for me..would rather not but it does keep the cogs turning and may be more up your street! The difference in spool is only 500rpm topps thats why i would hapilly settle for the T74 on the white car.

Hope that makes sense!!

Merry Christmas to all....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nengun want £852 just for the wastegate.

Here is what they say

"GT Wastegate

The GT Wastegate is the highest flowing of the HKS Wastegates. Its 60mm diameter valve is design to accommodate high output applications producing from 600 horsepower to well beyond 1000 horsepower. The adjustable rate GT wastegate spring is specifically engineered to provide ample resistance to the extreme exhaust pressure developed by these high output applications. The enhanced diaphragm and spring design being provides stable consistent boost levels by preventing the valve from over opening and releasing exhaust energy. Despite its complex structure, the GT Wastegate is a very compact unit that utilizes a V-band inlet and outlet structure that provides extremely smooth flow characteristics and better sealing at high temperatures. The use of V-band clamps also offers extremely versatile mounting and adjustment options for custom applications."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.