The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R32 skyline vs Supra TT

Suprasteve

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give him a taste of Supra on some dual carrigeways or some twisties, he will eirther have it up for sale or back at Abbey soon after :D

he he, like it.

I reckon it will be so close.

thanks for all your input guys

i'll let you know more about the NISMO engine and of course who won ! (me hopefully :D )

Race him on the road. Pod + RWD = sloooowwww.

or some twisties, he will eirther have it up for sale or back at Abbey soon after :D

IMHO, having had both, my Supra on Jspec sus with Lance alignement and F1's, and my GTR with Tein Super Street and F1's, my GTR would have kicked my Supes ass in the twisties..........

Doesn't mean they all will but theres more feedback and outright grip on the GTR IMHO giving you the confidence to give it more.

Dual once already rolling would be interesting though - very close I'd reckon.

Hmm, not sure how fair that comparison is, first of all R32 v R33. Then more importantly the Teins on your GTR (I don't like them but), I remember Rob Oldham extolling their virtues in the exact areas you describe on the Supra.

Feedback, I will give you given the Supras power steering. Outright grip, no way, that is the Supra's ground.

Dual is interesting. I have tried this one out. BPU v BPU, 30mph roll, it is close, very close to 80ish, then the Supra starts to pull. If you care to continue, by 160mph, there is buslengths in it :D

Outright grip, no way, that is the Supra's ground.

the r32 is the purest of the skylines and some say the best if not the ugliest lol but i think you need to drive a 4wd car before you say that the supra hasmore grip!!! lmao

I have not had a gtr but driven a few and a few decent power ones and i have had a high power supra and i'm sorry but on the twisty stuff etc an equal power r32 would beat the supra...thats if bother driver were equal.

Saying that what car am i getting next...a supra :thanks: what can i say i'm a rear wheel drive junky :thanku:

Mike

The Super Street are the most normal riding of all the coilovers and this is them set at their softest, so its quite a fair comparison IMHO.

I'm not gonna get into arguements about what the "book" specs for them are, I'm offering a real world opinion of both my cars, and I'm sorry but the GTR is a far better drivers tool. Maybe I used grip when I should have said handling, but the way I can chuck my GTR through a set of bends, left then right then left then right, some positive camber, some negative it just shines above my old supe, the GTR is poised for the next corner where the Supe would still have been trying to settle back down.

Yes the GTR does have Super Streets, but I've also driven stock GTR's too.

Sorry if you don't like to hear that on a Supra board mate but thats my opinion from owning and driving both extensively. And no doubt many will disagree (after all, opinions are like arseholes ;)) - well, thats their perogative!

Use handling instead of grip, and its a fine statement. After all, handling is very much a driver preference as such as it is a science.

I don't mind hearing it, its all our own opinion.

BTW, you ever seen the bestmotoring vid? Supra vs RX7/NSX/R33 circuit race stock etc etc. Guess what wins?

ive got that vid on my pc, its on the Tsukuba circuit, between an mr2 gts, rx7 type rz, (red) supra rz (manual), R33 gtr v-spec, nsx, porsche 911 and an nsx-t (automatic).

Over 5laps, all of the cars are standard and more or less brand spankin new (no more than 5k miles on any of them)

Tis a really good race, by lap 2 the skyline is 1st and supra 2nd, they pull a really big lead on the rest of the pack. The supra overtakes the skyline on the 4th lap and pulls a good few cars length on him, it goes on to win :ecstatic: . skyline 2nd, Nsx 3rd, 911 4th, Mr2 5th, auto nsx 6th and the rx7 breaks down on the 3rd lap(it was 4th at the time).

So what does this tell us...... Red Manual Supra's are unbeatable :ecstatic: :ecstatic:

Use handling instead of grip, and its a fine statement. After all, handling is very much a driver preference as such as it is a science.

I don't mind hearing it, its all our own opinion.

BTW, you ever seen the bestmotoring vid? Supra vs RX7/NSX/R33 circuit race stock etc etc. Guess what wins?

:cool: Yeah tis a good vid, even better when I had the supra ;)

But on the flip side theres the mines GTR vs the amuse supra, and the comments they make about the GTR's speed are rather amusing!

RX-7? I am very lucky to have driven all the above on track. the Rx-7 FD series has a truly beautiful chassis set up. The NSX is a fabulous road car, but is far from benign when you drive it like a madman, the RX-7 just flatters.

The Supra :ecstatic:

I have to admit surprise when the RX7 did not win, they are great to drive, a cut above both the Supra and skyline in that department. I will readily admit, from personal experience that in beats the Supra, but I don't feel the Skyline does, or atleast not by a margin that makes it obvious to all.

:cool: Yeah tis a good vid, even better when I had the supra ;)

But on the flip side theres the mines GTR vs the amuse supra, and the comments they make about the GTR's speed are rather amusing!

Haha! Good answer!

Hmm, modded v modded bllurs the lines a little, but if you want to go there, how about 'ring times? :nyah: :D

interesting reading, just found this on a stats website:-

Standard road conditions

Sup 13.49 @ 105.2

Evo6 13.61 @ 101.9

R32 13.63 @ 102.5

Drag Strip conditions

Evo6 13.21 @ 105.18

R32 13.23 @ 105.73

Sup 13.39 @ 106.42

I've added the Evo6 as my other mate has one and i'd be racing him too. We've all got very similar mods i.e. decat and running 1 bar (not too sure about the Skyline) so i think it's going to be soooo close and down to the driver on the day.

Wish me luck !!!

Guest dee_rz

weight loss is the key, strip the sup and it'll fly, awesome torquey powerful engine, where can i get this vid from people, the skyline v mr2 v nsx v supra v rx7 please i really want to see this now, rx7's are beautiful to drive as chris said amazing set up out of the box was temped to get one before the sup but that rotary's reliablity issues just suck, i have a mate with one and he had a full set of hair when he bought it, u should see him now, when it's running well it awesome too, great looking motor too :thumbs:

WHERE CAN I GET THAT VID FROM :thanks: