The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R32 skyline vs Supra TT

Suprasteve

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE RESULT OF MY SUP V's MATES R32 GTR !

I found out more about his car on the day:-

Definately is a NISMO engine (blue with NISMO etched into the block)

Running 1.1 bar

380 bhp (at fly wheel) - dynoed by Abbey Motorsport

Brand new wheels, tyres & suspension.

Mine

Running 1.0 bar

350 bhp (at fly wheel) - guessing

We didn't get to race together but...

His best was 13.9 @ 100 mph

Mine was 13.6 @ 106 mph

In his defence, i don't think he got the best of starts as he is still getting used to the car but saying that i hit the rev limiter in 2nd gear so i could have done better too.

NB: this was my best time of the day but not my best ever time, I think due to the heat my car didn't perform at its best - however this would affect every turbo car the same.

Brilliant day tho ! - shame about the Jet car crashing at 260 mph !!!

Cool, though he should be seeing alot more than 380 ATF from running 1.1 bar, you should get that or more than that with 1 bar.....

Only way to launch a Skyline to get a good 1/4 is to give it around 6k-7k revs and up with the clutch! Otherwise they just bog down! You need at least 6k so that when the clutch is engaged you're still in the turbo zone.............

Sounds like you had a good day though!

Guest Observer
dont quote me on this, but im pretty sure GTRs with mild mods zorst,filter and raised boost will run high 12s no probs

correct, as standard, an R32 GTR is quoted as doing the 1/4 in a 13.3, with stage 1 mods can be done iin in mid to high 12's, over the weekend i did a 12.8 with my stage 1 setup.

Guest Observer
good point but under 12s with BPU !?!?!? surely not

very possible, i know a guy with stage 1 setup on his R32 and having a twin plate clutch allows him to make an agressive start and has done a best of 11.9 at 115 mph.

Guest Observer
Last skyline I drove (R33), claimed 400bhp maybe a tad more.

It would *kill* my Supra, standardish as it is. Their traction is awesome and that thing would pull hard from 3K all the way up to 7K+

More than BPU for sure (he's spent loads at Abbey) but sheeeeesh...

well well well! Mr John A! :clap: hows it going old chap? :) whats happened to the calibra?

Cool, though he should be seeing alot more than 380 ATF from running 1.1 bar, you should get that or more than that with 1 bar.....

Only way to launch a Skyline to get a good 1/4 is to give it around 6k-7k revs and up with the clutch! Otherwise they just bog down! You need at least 6k so that when the clutch is engaged you're still in the turbo zone.............

Sounds like you had a good day though!

he says he was reving to 6k and using the handbrake holding the biting point but yeah it did bottom out and lost the turbos. I'm sure with a bit of practice he'll get it right and knock a lot of time off of that.

His brother has an R34 (630bhp at fly wheel) could only manage a 11.9 @ 122 mph with cut slicks. (his best ever was 11.7 @ 122mph)

My mate with the Evo6 again could only manage 13.8 @ 100 mph. (his best ever 13.4 @ 102mph)

It seemed that everyone struggled due to the heat.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread :ecstatic: ... ive got a tt auto and my mates just bought a R32.

well now the race is on...mines basically a stock supra just been lowered.... and he's just got a decat.

Just wanna know if theres any point of me racing him (drag) at this time or will he have the edge cause of the decat??