The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mines ECU for a NA

pedrosixfour

Guest SupraTroopa

Not sure if it would make the world of difference on an NA, I had one on my old BPU TT6 and it definitely had advantages. I got mine from Keron for about £150 if I remember, worth the money.

The thing is with these Mine's ECUs though is (apparently) they can have different features to them, for instance some have raised rev limit (to 8k if i remember correctly), different maps, speed limit removal, boost cut removal etc etc. You can find out if you contact Mine's and give them the serial number. My Mine's ECU didn't have raised rev limit but had all the other features.

Hope this helps

The Mines ECU is a bit of an unknown, it'll have a more performance orientated map, speed delimiter and possibly raised rev limit. I wouldn't expect massive performance gains though. If it is fitted I would get it checked on a dyno to make sure AFRs are okay.

The Mines ECU is a bit of an unknown, it'll have a more performance orientated map, speed delimiter and possibly raised rev limit. I wouldn't expect massive performance gains though. If it is fitted I would get it checked on a dyno to make sure AFRs are okay.

Exactly. You can send them the serial numbers and get a summary of what's been done but you're still putting an ECU mapped for one car on another car.

The maps are very good, something they're most famous for, but I wouldn't expect much on a NA.

I'm not expecting huge gains from it, that would be silly, infact the only reason I'm getting it is to see what difference it makes to how the car behaves.

From what I've read from digging around looking for answers its suppose to deliver a much more potent power delivery with gains through the rev range.

Ill know for sure once mines reply with the tuning aspects of it and when I actualy fit it.

Ok Mines have got back to me about what has actualy been done.

Fuel mapping changed

Ignition mapping changed

Speed limiter cut

Rev limit raised 600rpm's

And its been fully mapped on 100 ron fuel so i suspect the only way to get the best out of it ill have to run it on V power or something. Soon find out when it gets here.

That's good of them to tell you.

If it's mapped for optimum performance the safety margins will be smaller, I think for peace of mind I'd check the fueling on a dyno once fitted. Perhaps at the same time you could also test with regular unleaded to see how it behaves.

That's good of them to tell you.

If it's mapped for optimum performance the safety margins will be smaller, I think for peace of mind I'd check the fueling on a dyno once fitted. Perhaps at the same time you could also test with regular unleaded to see how it behaves.

Well im thinking on booking a session with ryan and messing about with it to see what its doing and what can be improved on etc etc. Im quite intrigued by it although i wont be getting my hopes high but should be good to see what difference it can make :)