The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do you eat?

Attero

I thought I'd bring this up as I went round my girlfriends friends house yesterday with a chinese and they gave me a knife and fork and a plate to eat it with. They were shocked to find out that I ate with my fork in my right hand and caused a small debate on why some people eat one way and others eat the other way.

So how do you eat your food?

And can anyone give a reason why this happens?

The correct way of using the k-nive and k-fork is fork on the left, knife on the right. Unless using just the fork when it is acceptable to use the fork in the right hand.

I've always been cack handed and done it the other way though. I did 'train' myself to use them the correct way so I can use them either way.

fork right and knife left for me, its odd as im right handed but do everything else left handed.

If you do everything other than eat with your left hand then your left handed bud :p

The dominant hand is the one you use the most lol.

The correct way of using the k-nive and k-fork is fork on the left, knife on the right. Unless using just the fork when it is acceptable to use the fork in the right hand.

I've always been cack handed and done it the other way though. I did 'train' myself to use them the correct way so I can use them either way.

So we've been told for many many years. And drummed into us.

However, there is no right and wrong way to eat food. Not as if there is a law stating you ''MUST'' eat it this way?

Im sure back in caveman era, they didnt give a hoot how they got there chow down them, as long as they got food and a session with there woman, thats all that mattered. :D

So we've been told for many many years. And drummed into us.

However, there is no right and wrong way to eat food. Not as if there is a law stating you ''MUST'' eat it this way?

Im sure back in caveman era, they didnt give a hoot how they got there chow down them, as long as they got food and a session with there woman, thats all that mattered. :D

It is etiquette though, it's like farting in a posh restaurant just as the dessert arrives... not quite cricket.

Reminds me of the late great Mister McConachie. A doom laden shovel handed house master I had the misfortune of being terrorised by.

"FOSTER !...push the soup spoon AWAY from you. Where pray do you think you are? A London Dockland school for pickpockets ?"

It is etiquette though, it's like farting in a posh restaurant just as the dessert arrives... not quite cricket.

Etiquette?? in this day of age thats well and truley been chucked out the Window. :D

id quite happily fart in a post Gaff, mind you the burd wudnt be too immpressed. :D :eyebrows:

Etiquette?? in this day of age thats well and truley been chucked out the Window. :D

id quite happily fart in a post Gaff, mind you the burd wudnt be too immpressed. :D :eyebrows:

That's the Yanks doing that though, with their "finger food".

Years ago finger food was a ritz with cheese spread and a pickle. Now it's a 3 layer burger with cheese, bacon, chips and a diet coke.

Reminds me of the late great Mister McConachie. A doom laden shovel handed house master I had the misfortune of being terrorised by.

"FOSTER !...push the soup spoon AWAY from you. Where pray do you think you are? A London Dockland school for pickpockets ?"

A proper school with proper teachers then! Nice, a rare thing these days. I watched in horror as a family ate in the local pub the other week, it would have been preferable to dine with chimps.

Did you say "please Sir may I have some more?" ?

That's the Yanks doing that though, with their "finger food".

Years ago finger food was a ritz with cheese spread and a pickle. Now it's a 3 layer burger with cheese, bacon, chips and a diet coke.

very true mate, very true.

speaking of burger, lunch time. :D