The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra wanted

Guest kevin.rundell

Guest kevin.rundell

hi all ,

just joined and looking to purchase a supra, for 3-4k all considered if you can supply pics and spec, I’m looking to buy at end of month (july) if price is right, let me know what you got and ill message back

:search: long road ahead

Guest kevin.rundell
Would have been easier if you'd put Supra NA in the title but hey ho. Have you tried Pistonheads also, there's lots of NA's on there at the moment.

yeah but none that take my fancy am not to fussy but am a bit confused as to what’s a good supra or not? been reading up and there way to much to take in in a few weeks. :blink:

any advise? not looking to fly about the roads but still fast enough to have some fun.

Guest kevin.rundell

fully kitted up with skirts big wings, low bumpers and big wheels this would need to be part of car i don’t have time to spend on body mods but al engines are considered i would prefer a single T or TT but for 3-4k I doubt ill get one.

fully kitted up with skirts big wings, low bumpers and big wheels this would need to be part of car i don’t have time to spend on body mods but al engines are considered i would prefer a single T or TT but for 3-4k I doubt ill get one.

May just scrape a dog of a tt, some going for around the 4k mark on PH's, eBay etc! Single turbo you have no chance I'm afraid!

Guest kevin.rundell
May just scrape a dog of a tt, some going for around the 4k mark on PH's, eBay etc! Single turbo you have no chance I'm afraid!

yeah ill have a look agin on PH, im looking every day and i m determind to get one by 1st august so if you here of any let me or them know. thanks for the reply

hi all ,

just joined and looking to purchase a supra, for 3-4k all considered if you can supply pics and spec, I’m looking to buy at end of month (july) if price is right, let me know what you got and ill message back

:search: long road ahead

Hi and welcome!

That road will seem very short, as these cars eat miles for breakfast! Unfortunately they wash them down with gallons of petrol!

My only gripe is that every journey is over too quickly though. :(

You'll probably be looking at a naturally aspirated one, unless someone has a really cheap TT but not likely on here with the money that goes into them. I think generally they start at 5k. JamieP said he had one when I joined in March. I keep telling people but not sure if he still has it.

I'll ask this question to save others, are you more interested in getting on the ladder, so to speak, or is a turbo your desire, as it would be worth the extra grand or so over budget and be treated with more respect, sadly. Also consider insurance, as UK TT's apparently cost less than the JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) counterparts. The Uk's are significantly higher spec. (maybe a goal for the future).

Just learn as much as you can about the variants, from whatever source, before you buy but like everything else, you generally get what you pay for. :)

Or in my case for example........after looking for a GZ (a JDM TT variant but cheaper than a UK TT) and changing my mind, I paid 6k for a '93 NA auto but it was advertised as a '98 (was sold on the looks way before I saw the V5C!) and it has the look I wanted (after browsing every other one I could find within budget) and I'll be doing my own turbo conversion in a couple of years, so ultimately, I'll have exactly the car I want, to my spec. with new turbo etc. albeit for more money than it could/should have cost. So money isn't everything.

All depends on your objective, so maybe list your ideal spec. (Bodykit/colour/manual/auto/turbo etc.?) and the guys on here will let you know if it's realistically within budget, as you must have some idea of what you'd prefer? Are funds strictly limited, for example? Will you be modifying it later? If so, it may be best to save up for one that's already done etc. as it's way cheaper in the long run. ;)

My feeling is that you''ll be the proud owner of a TT very soon but check the insurance first, regardless and good luck! ;)

Edit. Blimey, there were no replies when I started typing!

Guest kevin.rundell
Hi and welcome!

That road will seem very short, as these cars eat miles for breakfast! Unfortunately they wash them down with gallons of petrol!

My only gripe is that every journey is over too quickly though. :(

You'll probably be looking at a naturally aspirated one, unless someone has a really cheap TT but not likely on here with the money that goes into them. I think generally they start at 5k. JamieP said he had one when I joined in March. I keep telling people but not sure if he still has it.

I'll ask this question to save others, are you more interested in getting on the ladder, so to speak, or is a turbo your desire, as it would be worth the extra grand or so over budget and be treated with more respect, sadly. Also consider insurance, as UK TT's apparently cost less than the JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) counterparts. The Uk's are significantly higher spec. (maybe a goal for the future).

Just learn as much as you can about the variants, from whatever source, before you buy but like everything else, you generally get what you pay for. :)

Or in my case for example........after looking for a GZ (a JDM TT variant but cheaper than a UK TT) and changing my mind, I paid 6k for a '93 NA auto but it was advertised as a '98 (was sold on the looks way before I saw the V5C!) and it has the look I wanted (after browsing every other one I could find within budget) and I'll be doing my own turbo conversion in a couple of years, so ultimately, I'll have exactly the car I want, to my spec. with new turbo etc. albeit for more money than it could/should have cost. So money isn't everything.

All depends on your objective, so maybe list your ideal spec. (Bodykit/colour/manual/auto/turbo etc.?) and the guys on here will let you know if it's realistically within budget, as you must have some idea of what you'd prefer? Are funds strictly limited, for example? Will you be modifying it later? If so, it may be best to save up for one that's already done etc. as it's way cheaper in the long run. ;)

My feeling is that you''ll be the proud owner of a TT very soon but check the insurance first, regardless and good luck! ;)

Edit. Blimey, there were no replies when I started typing!

holy cow that a big message , well imwant to mode myself if i can like i say i can go up maby to 5500 but that would need to be my max funds are tight but im on a 1 year project to get any supra i get up to a good pace both looks and speed, right now i recon just getting a good enigne is the main task so any help wouold be great

thanks for the reply (soz for spelling )

Guest kevin.rundell
Av you had a look at members car "suprasizes" ad ? ( look in his garage pics )

Not a bad car considering mileage etc , sure he'd come down a bit aswell :)

thanks il have a look

Guest kevin.rundell
have a look in my garage

4k , yours

why you looking to sell? seems a good price but makes me think it might be raced? :blink:

Guest kevin.rundell
My aeros for sale too in classifieds:)

And im close to you if you want to come and have a look

where abouts are you mate?

Guest kevin.rundell

thought id update my new HUNT search,

i now go around 4-5K to spend on a TT seems to be alot out there so if theres any around please pm me with details and ill get back ,

but im not able to buy untill end of month or 1st aug (depends on payday LOL)

so thanks for the read

Guest kevin.rundell
Thats me out then. Good luck with your search though fella.

never say never mate

im still hope to get more funds together but ill be in touch again thanks for the offer and info ;)

For 5k you can just about scrape a TT Auto...just about. If you stretched it too 6K in the near future then you'll be in a much better position, there's some good examples going for 5-6k. Ebay has seen alot of cheapies recently as well. Good luck hunting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.