The mkiv Supra Owners Club

94 tt. 5 mpg. ?

herbiemercman

just been PM'd by chris wilson who is a friend of bernie the guy who tried to fix my brother's car in preston, lancs. chris tells me the car was a tough one to solve but has fixed it. i don't know what he found but it would be very interesting to know, hopefully bernie will tell my brother when he retuns the car later this week. i will post when i know, it must be very satisfying to have the knowledge / experience and equipment to solve this kind of problem, bit like the petrol head's harley street.

thankyou to you all for your interest shown so far.

picture of my brother's car attached. herbiemercman. knhttp://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=113596&stc=1&d=1279098565owledge and exper /

Awesome retro pics!.....owned from new you must of loved it to keep it so long , or had a change in circumstanes lol

just spoken to my brother re the details of the faults on his car, bernie who is a friend of chris wilson said the engine management ECU was shot, as soon as the second hand ECU was fitted full performance was restored. it was also impressive that chris wilson also cleaned all the soot out of the second stage turbo caused by the bad combustion, he also checked and changed the engine oil which was also diluted with the excess fuel.

so the car has now been resprayed, wheels refurbed, full vallet, new radiators, timing belt and new ECU. when my brother brings the car to my place i have to fit a stainless steel grille in the front aperture, which will keep out the leaves etc and will carry the std uk number plate. i converted my supra the same some time back.

as shameless said if you own them from new as we have, you have to take the hit on repair costs. the cars still look great and perform well. i have attached photo of my brother's TT engine. herbiemercman.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=113763&stc=1&d=1279367182

RAJ'S SUPRA ENG..jpg